4.26.2010

So much to say, so little time...

I need to blog about our weekend - parents in town, grandparents and aunt visit, crawfish boil, races, etc -but it's getting late and today I'm tired, but I just HAVE to share about these ribs!


I don't think the picture does them justice, but oh. my. goodness. they were SOOOOO good!  If there is one thing Randy can do well it's grill.  We haven't had ribs in forever, but that's what he wanted to do today.  We're kinda tired of chicken, hamburgers, steak, and pork chops.  I'm not too good with recipes - I kinda just throw everything together and hope it turns out good - but on these we used Uncle Chris' Rib Rub, BBQ sauce and chopped garlic.  I think he put the rub on the ribs and the BBQ sauce and garlic in a 8x8 foil pan.  He cut the ribs in half (we used pork baby backs) and stacked them off of direct heat on the charcoal grill.  He added a few different smoke chips - pecan, apple and maybe cherry - and cooked the ribs for about 2 hours, basting them with the BBQ sauce mixture and rotating them top to bottom about every 15 minutes or so.  After 2 hours, he put the ribs in the foil pan and covered them with foil (this is the trick to good grilling) and cooked an additional hour.  They were so tender and falling off the bone.  Delicious! 

                            

I made homemade scalloped potatoes and confetti corn.  Yummy.  For the potatoes, I sliced 3 red potatoes, covered with heavy cream (about 1 cup) added salt, cayenne and pepper.  Baked for 45 minutes at 425 degrees, then added about 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese and a little parmesan, stirred and topped with Italian bread crumbs and baked about 15 more minutes.  Awesome!

                    

I have so many pictures and stories from the weekend, hopefully I can post all of that tomorrow.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Blogs said...

I love how you insert pics of your baby in between a yummy food post:) Love you! He's such a cutie! I am soooo tired of chicken! We finally broke the bank buying steak last week and been making fajitas:) Those RIBS are soooo GOOD!