4.10.2010

GG and a New Carseat

GG's here and that only means one thing: Jack is being spoiled!! But I guess that's what grandmas are supposed to do.


GG kept Jack yesterday so I could go back to work and they must have played pretty hard, because Jack was worn out last night!


Last night for dinner we had grilled chicken (Randy loves to grill), green bean casserole and roasted potatoes.  I put Ranch dressing mix and olive oil on red potatoes and they were so good.  I'd never made them with the Ranch before.  But anyway, Randy decided to give Jack a bite of green beans.  He loves baby food green beans, but he DID NOT care for the green bean casserole.  I wish I had a picture of the face he made!

Question: Have you ever put Velveeta in green bean casserole? I've never heard of this, but apparantly that's how Randy's mom makes it and it's really good. She said she makes the casserole just like the recipe on the back of the French's Onion can and then adds the cheese - I think 4 oz of cheese is probably enough. I didn't make it like that last night, but I will next time! Velveeta makes everything better!


Since he wasn't a fan of the green beans, I thought we'd try a bite of chocolate chip cookie.  From the looks of it, he got more on his face than in his belly!

Ran, Jack and GG

Today at lunch I gave Jack a bite of refried beans - these got the same expression and look of disgust that the green bean casserole got.  HA!  Is it even possible that my child doesn't like mexican food? Surely not!

Me, Jack and GG

Today we finally decided to get out the Big Boy carseat.  I'm going to miss the carrier, it was just so convenient and easy to take anywhere in anyone's car, but the time has definitely come and Jack is way too big for the carrier. 

Trying out his new chair - I think he likes it.

Plus, sweet Baby Chase is due to arrive any day now and I know his mama and daddy could relax a little if they already had Jack's carrier at their house.  But not to worry, it was shipped today and should arrive in Tennessee on Wednesday.  Hopefully Chase will stay put until then!

Checkin' it out.

I have shipped countless outfits and baby supplies to Heather over the past few weeks and in going through all of Jack's "baby" stuff, it is still so hard for me to believe he's almost 9 months old!  Some of the clothes were so small I can barely remember him being that little or even wearing them!


Now look at him!  He has become a little boy right before my eyes!  He's even started to pull up on stuff now.  He's still pretty wobbly, but I'm sure it'll only take him a day or two to figure out how to cruise.  He's also clapping now.  I'll try to get it on video sometime in the next few days.  The things he learns and does amaze me daily! 



But no matter how big he gets, he'll always be my baby!    
Photobucket

1 comment:

Netty Cakes said...

Greetings, stumbled onto your blog! My hubby is a Red Raider and we too just moved our 9 month old daughter up to the big girl carseat. Cute fam!