4.14.2010

Wishful Wednesday - Charities


It's hump day and that means Kelsey over at The Seattle Smiths is hosting Wishful Wednesday. This week's topic is favorite charities so click on over to her super cute blog to link up or to check out other's favorite charities.

'I wish'... I had never-ending funds to donate to a charity and it would be Compassion International, the Multiple Sclerosis Society and March of Dimes.

********************************************************
I love Compassion International and the committment they have made to helping children and breaking the cycle of poverty.  I wish I had money to be able to sponsor more children.  I currently sponsor one little boy in Africa.  I love getting letters from him and hearing all about his life, family and how Compassion is helping him and his family.  Compassion makes it so easy to communicate with your child.   You can send letters via there website or through the mail.  

"Compassion International exists as a Christian child advocacy ministry that releases children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enables them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults.
 Founded by the Rev. Everett Swanson in 1952, Compassion began providing Korean War orphans with food, shelter, education and health care, as well as Christian training.
 Today, Compassion helps more than 1 million children in 25 countries.
 A passion for children.
 Interested in our guiding principles and why we are so passionate about caring for children?"
- quote taken directly from their website
Click HERE to learn more about Compassion or Click HERE to learn how to sponsor a child.

***********************************************************
My mom was diagnosed with MS in the Summer of 2000, so the Multiple Sclerosis Society is definitely a charity I would love to donate unlimited funds to  to help find a cure.  To donate to this charity click HERE or to learn more about how you can get involved click HERE.

********************************************************
And last, but certainly not least, I would donate to the March of Dimes.  My friend Adam and his wife welcomed their twins 11 weeks early and research funded by the March of Dimes saved their babies.


The Caldwells will be walking in the March for Babies on May 1 and are hoping to raise $2500, so if you would like to learn more about them or help them reach their goal, please click HERE.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Thank you for listing the Multiple Sclerosis Society. My sweet grandpa has MS, and some days he can't even stand up.

So glad you shared this!

♥ sarah said...

what wonderful charities! love your blog! your little boy jack is adorable! xoxo

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

We support a little kiddo through Compassion -- such a great cause!

Blogs said...

This is amazing how detailed you are about these charities! I wish I had millions because I would donate all of it (okay) most of it! My heart aches to see anyone go through such struggles! Awareness is power:) xoxox

Netty Cakes said...

LOVE Compassion International. I still get a huge smile on my face when I see an envelope from them, receiving letters is such an amazing feeling!