3.18.2010

St Patrick's Day

I left work a little early yesterday because my head would not stop pounding.  I ran to Wal-Mart to grab a few things for dinner and get some Excedrin Migraine - that stuff works wonders- then went home to rest for a little bit before going to pick Jack up from school.  No TV, no radio... just a quiet house.  Oh how nice it can be... for a little bit.

I picked Jack up and went back home.  He has been in a one-of-a-kind mood lately.  I'm not sure if it's the teeth or he's hitting the seperation anxiety phase, but whatever it is, it's making him super cranky!  He played for a little while, had a bottle and took a little nap.  He was a little happier after the nap, but still wanted me to be sitting right next to him playing.  If I got up he'd start whining.  I even brought out the toy basket!


We usually just have a few toys laid out on a blanket, but I guess he's getting tired of them.  Once he saw the basket full of goodies, he didn't know which toy or book he should go after first.  Ha!  Our living room now looks like a tornado hit it!!  There are books and toys scattered everywhere.  I guess that's how it's supposed to be with a little one, though. 


He spotted me with the camera and was on the move!

After we played for a little bit, it was time to cook dinner.  Spring has arrived in Texas, so that means cooking out at our house.  Randy loves to grill and is pretty good at it!  Last night we had Baja Chipotle marinated grilled chicken, squash and zucchini, stuffed jalapenos again and sauteed mushrooms. 


The chicken was SOOOO good. The secret is to grill it for a little bit, enough to get that grilled flavor and color and then put it in foil with the left-over marinade to cook the rest of the way.



Jack liked sitting in the grass, but it didn't last too long because he was trying to eat it.  Not good, considering Randy sprayed for weeds last weekend. 


So, I put him in the Baby Bjorn and wore him for a while.  This is one of his new favorite things.  He can be close to me, but can still see everything that's going on.   Don't know how much longer he's gonna fit in it though because he weighs almost 25lbs and that's a lot of weight to just be hanging there!  Ha!

This was my attempt at a St Patty's day picture of us.  Not the best, but o'well. 


Hope yall had a Happy St Patrick's Day!
Photobucket

No comments: