4.19.2010

Happy 9 Months Little Man!

Official 9 Month Photo

You've grown and learned so much in the past month!  You can really crawl now and only do the "worm" when you are really excited or in a hurry - I'm pretty sure there are quite a few videos out there of you doing the worm, since all of the ladies at daycare think it's hilarious!  You just started pulling up in the past week or so and you are getting pretty good at it!  Tonight, Daddy even saw you move from the love seat to the couch and back.  And yesterday, you pulled up on the couch and moved your way to the end table and grabbed the remote control.  Stinker!  Always trying to get things you shouldn't have, despite all of the toys you have. 


I think the house is almost "baby" proofed, although, we still need to put locks on the cabinets and covers over the knobs on the stove.  We have gates which help to keep you confined to the living room - you do get to come in the kitchen and play with your bowls while I'm cooking or doing dishes.  Daddy put plexi-glass over the TV stuff and you hardly ever go over there now, but every once in a while you'll check yourself out in the reflection.  Too cute!  We lowered your bed a few weeks ago, so it's now on the lowest setting and when you figure out how to escape, I guess it'll be time for a big boy bed.  Hopefully we have a while before we have to worry about that! HA!

Your leg where you got your shot today.

I took you to the doctor today and you had to get one shot and a finger prick.  You were such a big boy and didn't even cry!  The doctor said you are a healthy little boy.  Your ears and lungs are clear.  Thank goodness!  She did say you have allergies, so we're going to try Claritin and see if that'll stop your runny nose. 


We are trying to get you to eat more "table" foods, but most of the time you gag and I give up.  But lately, you're doing much better.  You eat cheerios like a champ and the other night at dinner you had spanish rice and refried beans and actually liked it!  We haven't tried too many foods yet because I'm scared of you choking, but at school you eat all kinds of good stuff and the girls say you eat pretty good.  You still drink 32 oz of formula a day, but the doctor told me to cut back on formula and give you more food.  We'll try this tomorrow. 


Recently you've decided you don't want to go to bed and cry when I lay you down.  As soon as I pick you up, you're smiley and happy again.  Spoiled!  So, we let you stay up and play a little longer, and finally you'll wear yourself out and decide it's bedtime.  Tonight, though you were tired and fell asleep while I was holding you.  I love the nights when you do this - I just sit and hold you a while, because I know the day is coming when you won't want me to hold you anymore. 

You've also started snorting when you laugh.  You are so funny and get so excited.  When I pick you up, you'll bounce up and down, scrunch up your nose, snort and laugh.  It's so funny!  You also clap now when we say "Yay!"  And you love to look at yourself in the mirror when we're in the car and just talk and talk.

I could go on and on about all the things you do and all the ways we love you, but I'll stop here.  You have grown so much in the past 9 months and I love the little boy you are becoming!

Jack and Teddy - 3 days old

Jack's Stats:

Weight - 23lbs 14.5oz (he lost weight while he was sick)
Height - 29 7/8 inches
2 bottom teeth
2- 1 hour naps
Sleeps from 8:30pm - 7:30am

Happy 9 Months Little Man!
We Love You!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What a coincidence, my GG turns 9 months tomorrow and I'll have a very similar entry to post. Happy 9 months to your little Jack!

Anonymous said...

The face in the reflection looks just like the sweet baby girl I had some 29 years ago!!

Love Ya'll!!
Mama/Grammy