3.31.2010

Project Discovery

Jack is all over the place now, so Saturday I finally bought some baby gates. So far, we've only put up two, one as you enter the kitchen by the door to the backyard and one as you enter the hallway to his room and the stairs. They seem to be working pretty well, but if he can't go to the kitchen or the hall, he will surely find something else to get in to. This is how I found him this afternoon.

Yep, he's under a table trying to get his books. 

The books are behind the table, because before his daddy moved his couch back into the family room, my rocking chair sat in that corner and that's where I'd read to Jack.  Now, he has other books scattered all about, but apparently he's tired of reading Peter Rabbit.


and The Picnic Train.

So, now his basket of books is within his reach,
and he's one Happy Little Boy!

Although the gates have only been up a few days, and most of the time they are effective, he has learned that there is another entrance to the kitchen and is beginning to use it more frequently.  I guess since I'm not going to be able to keep him out of the kitchen (at least not until I get another gate), he should learn the joy of tupperware! 


This may be my new favorite "toy" while we're cooking dinner! 
Watch the video to see why!

He played with those bowls for almost an hour!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I remember that sweet little age! Those days go by so fast!

I'm visiting from Southern Mommas - come visit me anytime at http://thesmiplelife.blogspot.com/

Shannon said...

Visiting from Southern Mommas. Your lil' guy is so cute! My GG is 8 months old and my world! Aren't little ones great?!