3.08.2010

Just Another Manic Monday

After an awesome Sunday, came the Manic Monday, but I'll get to that in a minute.

By awesome Sunday, I mean Daddy took Jack with him to Scott's so I had a little Mama time! FANTASTIC. I went to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping, did the dishes, washed clothes, took a shower without having to worry about what all Jack was getting in to - it was a nice little break. I picked Jack up and brought him home for a snack and a nap before we headed to Scott and Kim's for Sunday dinner. We had Caribbean Jerk grilled chicken, zucchini, onion and mushroom medley with baked beans and I baked Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies for dessert. YUMMY!

Jack napping. I think it's so sweet how he has his arm around Teddy.

And then came Monday. It started pretty good. I had an all-day meeting that didn't start until 10:00am, so I got to sleep in a little. Jack woke up about 7:30, so I got him up and dressed - in one of his super cute new outfits - and gave him a bottle. Randy played with him while I was getting ready, so no worries there. Randy uploaded Windows 7 on my computer a while back, and hadn't put Office back on it, and since I was going to need to use my laptop and Excel at my meeting today, he was loading the programs on my computer. Well, during this time Jack had a massive blowout poopy diaper! I mean there was poop everywhere!!! It was disgusting and let me remind you, he was in a BRAND NEW outfit, that was white. Go figure. This is all before 8:15am. I get him all cleaned up and in another new outfit and we were off to school.

I got to my meeting, stayed a few hours and then I was on my way to finally put my car in the shop. It will be there for 2-3 weeks and my rental is some sort of Jeep. It's really uncomfortable and since I'll have it for a while, I'm thinking of trading it for something different. Not to mention, my child weighs 20 something pounds and it is hard to lift him that high. But anyway, it was a rainy, nasty day and I would have been perfectly content to stay in my jammies all day long!

I picked Jack up from school and once we got home, I changed his shirt because he's teething and it was soaking wet and then we played for a little while and decided it was his dinner time. Yep, he gulped down some chicken and noodle dinner... and then it all came up. I mean, it was a ton of yuck, recycled baby food. I tried to catch it all in his bib because he was in a BRAND NEW OUTFIT, which again, was white and we all know how baby food stains. After I got him all undressed and re-dressed again - for those of you counting, that was 4 times today and it was only 5:15 by this point - I rushed to get all of his new, dirty clothes in the wash before they stained, only to find that when they finished washing, there were stains. Ughhh.... but I soaked them for a while and all is good.

I bathed Jack and while Randy was putting him to bed, I made Chicken Parmesan Bundles with pasta and Caesar Salad for dinner. I don't pound out the chicken like the recipe says, I just cut them in half so they aren't so thick and I also omit the parmesan in the recipe and add more mozzarella and it is delish!

Randy's dad is also here tonight. He came to town to visit a friend who is not doing too well. His body is taken over by cancer and it's only a matter of time before his body just won't be able to fight it anymore. We ask that you pray for him to be comfortable during this time and for strength for his family.


3 Generations of Taylor Boys


This was the only pic I got from tonight, but check out that sunset behind the trees. I thought it was so pretty, especially since just a few hours prior to this pic it was storming. What a crazy, hectic, manic Monday!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I'll have to try your Parmesean bundles. Is Jack sick or just overate? That is an awesome sunset!

Jumping Jack said...

He didn't over eat, I have no idea what was wrong with him. The parmesan bundles are awesome!