3.23.2010

I'm too tired to blog...

Let me start off by saying, I don't know how people work 10+ hours a day! It is definitely NOT for me! And, thankfully, most of the time I don't have to.

My day started with Jack screaming because he bumped his head on the corner of the wall. He was crawling all over the place and apparently couldn't decide which way he wanted to go and ended up on the loosing side of a fight with the wall. Poor baby!


But don't worry, the crying only lasted a minute and daddy was there to wipe away his tears (I was getting ready for work when it happened) and we had our happy little boy back.


Then, it was off to work for the longest day I've worked in a LONG time!!  My hospital just celebrated their 5th Anniversary, so tonight was their little social hour celebration and we provided all of the hor d'ouevres and beverages.  I think all of the food turned out great and was so impressed with everything!  A special thanks to my entire staff and all of the other directors who came to help. 

The Chefs - My Chef, Francisco and Nathan

Gourmet Cheese Tray
Boursin, Claret Cheddar, Sage Derby and some other I can't remember

Seasonal Fruit Tray
Star Fruit, Honey Crisp Apples, Champagne Grapes and Berries

Curry Chicken Salad on Endive Lettuce

Arepas with Barbacoa and Tomatillo Salsa
(These were my FAVS - think tamales on crack!)

Crab Wontons with Sweet and Spicy Sauce
(I made these - all 210 of them!)

Roasted Vegetable Flatbread with Goat Cheese

Mascarpone Cheesecake Stuffed Puff Pastry
(I put these together - SO YUMMY!)

Frangelico Apple Spice Tarts with Hazelnuts

White Chocolate Berry Tarts
(I made these too - way too tedious for me!)

The display

I'll post recipes later, but tonight I'm too tired to blog and I have DVR'd American Idol waiting.  Night, night!

Photobucket

No comments: