3.15.2010

A Whole Lotta Nothin'

My mom came to visit this weekend, which means mama and daddy get a little break! She got here Thursday evening, so she could spend the whole day with Jack on Friday. Thursday night was boneless wing night at our house. Randy loves Hooter's 3 Mile Island Sauce, so last week I ordered a case of it and it finally arrived.  Since I'd never had the sauce, I was really excited to try it, but unfortunately our boneless wings weren't quite as tasty as we would have liked.  We tried a new recipe for the breading and I do not think it was nearly as good as my usual recipe, but o'well.  We also used a new fryer, and I don't think it got hot enough to brown the wings like it should, but we will definitely be trying again soon. 


Yes, you're seeing it correctly... we put our cooked chicken in an ice chest to keep it warm.  Classy!

While we were getting dinner ready, Mama gave Jack a bath.  They were doing pretty good until it came to getting his jammies on.  He is quite the wiggler now and rolls all over the place when I'm trying to change is diaper or get him dressed.  This is how she brought him outta his room after his bath.

Grammy and Jack both looked a little worn out!  HA!

Randy and I went to work on Friday and Mama stayed home with Jack.  I think they had a pretty good day.  Memaw and Grandad came to hang out for a little while and Memaw even brought Jack a "new" camera to play with.  He loves it!  I went to a happy hour for work Friday evening, and I'm pretty sure Mama was excited when I got home.  Turns out Jack was cutting his first tooth and it was making for a fussy little boy! Once I got home, I put Jack to bed and Mama and I ordered a pizza and watched a movie.

Mama left early Saturday morning and we just hung out the rest of the day.  Randy sprayed the weeds and fixed the fence while Jack and I played.  Like I said, his first tooth started to come through and he was pretty fussy all day!  I was getting desperate, so I took him for a ride in the laundry basket and he LOVED it!  Guess I'll have to find a rope to tie to it, so I can pull him easier.

Hold on tight!


Randy came in and found us taking a nap on the couch.  (This was the only way I could get Jack to go to sleep.)

We were supposed to go to a friend's little boy's 1st birthday party, but it was so hard to get Jack to take a nap, that there was no way I was going to wake him up once he was sleeping.  So, Happy Birthday EJ, we're sorry we missed your party!

Saturday evening, it was so pretty outside.  The weather was perfect, so Randy grilled pork chops and I made stuffed jalapenos.  I had made Buffalo Chicken dip to snack on during the day, so I just stuffed it in a few jalapenos and wrapped them with bacon for Randy to grill.  They were delicious!!  I also made Green Bean bundles, but I left out the blanching step, so they weren't that good.

We spent most of Sunday resting and enjoying the sunshine.  Randy did wake me up "early" Sunday morning though.  I could hear him in the living room telling Jack "wouldn't it be nice if Mama would make some pancakes" or something like that.  So I got up and made pancakes and bacon.  Too bad Jack's still a little too young for pancakes.  I'm sure they'll become one of his favorites once he gets a taste of that ooey, gooey, goodness! HA!
Randy made burgers and fries for dinner.  YUMMY!  I'll have to post his burger recipe sometime.  It pretty much involves everything but the kitchen sink.  But, oh. my. goodness. they are good!!  Yes, we are still working on those bikini bodies!  HA!



Hope yall are enjoying the pretty weather!  And, Mama, it was good to see you this weekend.  I know Jack had fun with his Grammy!  Thanks, also for his Easter Outfit and cute little flip flops.  We love you!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sounds like y'all had a great weekend of eating. That's my kind of weekend!