12.16.2010

Why I Blog

I am supposed to be linking up my Super Cute ornament from the Ornament Exchange Party today, but that will have to wait until tomorrow since in my mad dash to get out of the house this morning, I forgot to grab my camera.  I hate it when that happens!  But do come back tomorrow for pictures of the precious ornament Adrienne picked out just for me!

*********************************************
I was inspired by the fabulous Aly to write a Why I Blog post when I read her's the other day on Life with a Lab.  I think she summed it up best: "It's a long distance relationship that lasts."  Everyone blogs for different reasons, some to cope with a life changing event, some to share their incredible crafting skills, others just to ramble about random stuff.  The list of reasons people blog varies as much as people themselves do. 

Memaw and Jack - Feb 2010

When Jack was first born, I started a Shutterfly site so I could post daily pictures and videos of Jack for my family to see, since they are all out of town and wanted to watch him grow up.  That worked for a few months, but it wasn't a good format for writing what all he was doing, so in February I started Jumping Jack. 

April 2010

I have been lurking reading blogs for years (it all started when Heather first started blogging), but never really understood why people blogged.  Sure it was fun to read what everyone was up to, but I couldn't understand why perfect strangers were putting their lives on the interwebs for everyone to stalk read and I sure didn't understand why random people were commenting on their blogs.  Wasn't that weird? 

May 2010

And, then I started blogging...

July 2010

Like Shutterfly, it started as a way to keep friends and family updated on Jack's latest achievements or cutest pictures, but then one by one I started gaining "followers".  People actually wanted to read my blog?  WOW!  Then, I wanted people to comment on my posts, so I started commenting as well.  After all, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is the Golden Rule.  And then, I read a post very similar to this one and the option to REPLY to comments opened up a whole new world to me!  Now blogging has grown into something so much more than just chornicling our lives.  It's now become a place I go to meet new people, learn about other's lives and other traditions!

August 2010

Through blogging I've met some really great friends. It's nice to know there are other moms going through the same things as you, we really are all in this together. One of my favorite bloggers Hello Sneakers, Goodbye Heels said it best "because every new mom needs some good support!"  That's why we "follow" other blogs - we want to create that bond, that sense of comfort knowing we are not alone!  There are also a ton of crafting, cooking, funny blogs out there that I love as well!  We are all so different, yet so much alike! 

September 2010

So, back to why I blog!  I blog so when I'm old I can look back on our life and remember the "good 'ol days" and see how far we've come!  I try to be as real as possible here, but I'm not an open book like some other blogs out there (those are some of my favorites, by the way) but that is my choice.  Our life is not sunshine and roses all of the time, but I'd say 95% of the time it is and those are the parts that I want to remember.  Those are the parts that I want to share.  Those are the parts that I want Jack to read about.

October 2010

Why do you blog?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Blogging is the best! I am still very new to it all. I love it. Not only is it a great way for me to keep my friends and family in tune with what is going on, it's a journal for me. The silly things I've done, the places I've gone or the people I've met are sometimes "forgotten." Blogging helps! And I also love meeting great people like you that keep my fire burning to blog everyday!!! Xoxo

Random Musings said...

I love this post and I am going to do it too!

Oh I also need to know where you got those super cute adorable shoe and purse Christmas ordiments!

Jennifer said...

What a great explanation of why you post. I think we all started out the same way. You have a kid and want to share with your family the happenings in your life. And then it turns into something more. And I think we all do need 'some mom support'. Love the pick of Jack in the sand :)

Shannon said...

So fun to read, B! I may have to do a post like this soon, I've seen several making the rounds. No worries about your ornament post, the linky will be up for a week!

Jack has grown so much! It's hard to look back and see just how little our babies used to be. Things were so different just a year ago!

Sorry you had a mad dash out the door...hope your day calmed down a bit!

Shannon

Closer to Lucy said...

I love this!! and that baby!!! OMgoodness was a handsome guy!!

Lucy is out for a lil hopping...come by when you get time!
http://closertolucy.blogspot.com