12.15.2010

Salted Caramel Brownie Bites & a Winner


Because it is not yet the New Year and the Holiday Season is the time to induldge, I thought I'd share the recipe for Salted Caramel Brownie Bites!  These babies are SOOO GOOD!  I can't remember where I first saw the recipe, but if this was your idea, please let me know, because you ROCK and deserve to get credit for the goodness that is Salted Caramel Brownie Bites!  (I'm not sure if that's what they're called, but that's what I'm calling them!)

Ingredients:
1 box Brownie mix and ingredients to make brownies
1 bag caramel Hershey kisses
1 lb chocolate candy coating (I used white chocolate too for garnish)
Coarse ground Kosher salt

Directions:
Bake brownies according to package directions, but bake for the least amount of time required for your pan.  You want the brownies to still be gooey, so you can easily form balls with them.


Let brownies cool for a bit, then break them up or use a scoop to make your balls.  They only need to be about 1 inch.  These brownie bites are RICH, so just a little will do it!  Place brownie balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.


Put one caramel kiss in the center of each brownie ball - make sure the brownie covers the whole kiss.  Put finished brownie balls in the fridge to cool for a bit.  15 minutes should be long enough.


Once brownie balls are cooled, melt your chocolate candy coating in the microwave according to package directions.  Be careful not to burn your chocolate.  Once chocolate is melted, dip brownie balls in chocolate to coat.  (Tip: Use a helper during this step.  Have your helper sprinkle each ball with a little salt after you dip in chocolate.  The salt won't stick once the chocolate hardens.  I didn't do this!)


Melt white chocolate and drizzle on top of each ball with a spoon.  If you don't have a helper, sprinkle the salt during this step.  It worked fine for me.  Let brownie bites sit for a bit to harden.


Next, perform Quality Assurance testing on at least one Salted Caramel Brownie Bite!  You would hate for your guests, friends or family to get a less than AWESOME brownie bite!  (wink)


Package with cute tissue in a tin can and you're ready for your next holiday party! 


Indulge and Enjoy!


The WINNER of the Pom Pom Necklace giveaway is commentor #10 Denise from Satisfy Your Senses!  Congratulations!  I will be emailing you shortly!

Obviously, Jack wasn't thrilled about going to school this morning! 
He wouldn't smile at anything!

Happy Wednesday, Friends! 
Only 10 more days till Christmas!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ummmm....those look DELICIOUS!!!! Must make them! Thanks for the recipe!
And congrats to Denise, enjoy your necklace!

Erin said...

OH MY HECK!!!! YUM!

Kari said...

Those cookies look dangerous...so yummy! XOXO

Kristie said...

Look delicious! following you today from Follow Me Wednesday! thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

Those look so great and tempting! I might have to try making them for Bret's work!

Happy Hump Day!

Yay for your winner, too! I'm jealous!

The White House said...

Oh my! Those look delish! I must try! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer

curlie girlie said...

Oh wow, those look so good. I LOVE the salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks so I am going to have to try making these!
I'm your newest follower, I found you through the Follow Me Wednesday blog hop. Come follow me too! :)
http://curliegirlie03.blogspot.com

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

if you still lived here i'd be right over...they look to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tales from the Trails said...

I'll take a few dozen of each. Just throw them out the window on I10 when you are coming through and I'll be sure to get them.

Pineapples and Pickles said...

way to make the pregnant lady crave sweets. jeez! off to the kitchen... :)

Kelly Anne said...

These look great! Thanks for sharing. Following from "Follow Me Wednesdays"

http://postcardkellyanne.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

My mouth is watering just looking at those!! I might have to try them. And love Jack's face in the pic...too cute :)

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

This is the perfect gift for our neighbors! Thanks for the inspiration!

nomo wino daph said...

I KNOW I commemte,,,,,,grrr
:)

Those look awesome-
oh yummy!

Thanks for lining up today and sharing girl-D