8.24.2010

Supper Club

Tuesday Night Supper Club

I thought it only fitting to do a Supper Club post since we are participating in the 30-Day No Eating Out Challenge!


Since my last menu and recipe post here's what we've had for dinner:

Friday
Digiorno Pepperonie Pizza (close enough to take-out for me!)


Saturday
I have no idea what we ate all day on Saturday, I guess just snacks or maybe left-over enchilada casserole, but for dinner we had teriyaki grilled pork loin and fried rice - YUMMY!


Sunday
Snacks all day and 15-bean soup with sausage for dinnner.
I buy the pre-packaged bean soup mix and then add sausage or hamburger.
I also slow cooked the other pork loin (the package I buy has 2) to make enchiladas.

Monday

Pulled pork enchiladas with refried beans and taco rice.

Pulled Pork Enchilada Recipe

2 lbs pulled pork (I cook pork tenderloin with spices in the crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours, then shred with a fork)
8-10 corn tortillas
canola or vegetable oil for frying
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup velveeta cheese
1 tsp chopped jalapeno, or more to taste
a little garlic powder
a little cumin
a little chili powder
salt & pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
sliced jalapenos, optional

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

  2. Line plate with paper towels.

  3. Heat oil in skillet, heat tortillas one at a time in hot oil, about 10 seconds on each side, stack heated tortillas up on paper towel lined plate.

  4. Put pulled pork in middle of each tortilla and roll up, place side by side in baking dish.

  5. Bake enchiladas uncovered for about 15 minutes.

  6. For sauce, add remaining ingredients, except shredded cheese and sliced jalapenos, to a sauce pan and heat through, stirring often.  Taste and adjust spices as necessary.

  7. Once enchiladas have baked for 15 minutes, top with sauce, shredded cheese and jalapenos and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with your favorite chips, salsa, refried beans and rice.
ENJOY!

*** I will try to get better pictures of Jack tonight - but he is all over the place and getting him to "pose" for pictures is pretty much impossible!***

--------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket


Sneak Peek of my latest creations!




All items are now available at Sunfire Creative.
Photobucket
Linking to:

12 comments:

Tales from the Trails said...

I will definitely have to try out the enchilada recipe. YUM-O!!

Good Luck with the challenge.

Heather S-G said...

Oh, I love pulled pork. And I love enchiladas. Soooo, double YUM!!! This sounds like the perfect meal. Thanks so much for sharing it with Two for Tuesdays this week =)

Hunger and Thirst said...

Welcome to the blog hop at Two for Tuesday, thank you so much for linking up your recipe. I really do adore enchiladas, no matter how you roll them up. How is it that they always taste so wonderful?!

Unknown said...

such a great recipe..YUM! the strangest thing about your link up to TNSC....it went to a bible site and i couldn't get to this page or your blog...i deleted the link you put up and reposted for you. I can't imagine how it happened...but it looks like the link is working now! thanks for linking up to TNSC
best
christy

Liz said...

Adorable work...and little boy! Gotta write that enchilada recipe down too, as I'm always wanting to try a new one!

I hope you'll come participate in my link party today! It runs all week so come back and add more BOY projects! All About The Boy @ The Nifty Nest!

Liz

a moderate life said...

Hi Brandy and welcome to the two for tuesday recipe blog hop! I always LOVE it when new bloggers join in so I can check out their digs! Your clothing is so adorable and you are very talented. I too love pulled pork and making it into enchiladas is quite a nice touch! I am now following your blog. Thanks for linking to the two for tuesday blog hop and please visit me to enter my giveaway of a Real Food for Rookies Class! http://bit.ly/dwfvMj :) Alex@amoderatelife

Christy said...

I love to cook up pork like this - enchiladas are a great way to eat it up! Thanks for linking to Two for Tuesdays!

Dawn Lopez said...

Wow, lots of fun stuff going on on your blog! =)

I am your new follower, hope you will join us too over at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com

Have a great night!

Unknown said...

Looks like a delicious supper!! Thanks for sharing your great recipe with us at Anything Related!
{Rebekah}

Unknown said...

Neat! I've been trying to come up with some meal plans.

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I featured this project!

http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2010/09/01/hookin-up-with-hoh-15/

Love it! Thanks for linking up last week!!

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

I love your blog! Just discovered you... do you put something on the back of your baby appliqued clothes so they don't rub on little skin, or are they ok? I'm a new follower!

Tara
www.tarabeingtara.blogspot.com