8.20.2010

Happy 13 Months Little Man


Jack, you are 13 months old now!  I can't believe how much you have changed in just the past month!


You love to "dance" to the music and every time we're outside, you walk over to the radio and start clapping, sometimes you even turn up the volume so we can really jam!  HA!


You are walking really well now and really fast!  You are into everything too!  Just last night you made it to the wine rack before I could catch you and broke your first bottle.  Luckily, it fell inside the rack and you didn't get hurt, but we'll be moving it out of your reach today!  You love to play with my thread in the sewing room and carry it around like it's a treasure!  You also love to throw things and are constantly throwing your toys on the ground and your food off your tray.


But not before you eat all you want, of course!  You are still a really good eater and will eat almost anything I give you.  I tried to get you to eat beets (they taste like dirt and well, you like dirt) but you would gag and spit them out.  It was pretty funny!  Your favorite foods are still peanut butter sandwiches, grilled cheese, bananas, yogurt, applesauce, nilla wafers, goldfish and cheerios, but you now like carrots, green peas, all meat, mashed potatoes, oatmeal, and beans.  You also love milk and water.  


You really like being outside, but you do not like walking in the grass.  You walk to the edge of the concrete, turn around and come back.  You like to be pushed in your cozy coup and you LOVE your ball popper thingy.  You are so inquisitive and check everything out.  When we are outside we are constantly moving things out of your reach, which is getting pretty long now.  You are getting so tall and can reach on top of most tables now.


Separation anxiety has set in and now you cry when I drop you off at school and it breaks my heart.  You also cry when Daddy or I walk out of the room.  You are trying out the "toddler" room and you are NOT a fan.  You don't like to take naps in there and I'm pretty sure you cry most of the time you're in there.  You LOVE Miss Juany and every time you see her you want to go where ever she is going.  She is really sweet and spoils you rotten loves on you. In the toddler room you sit at a big boy table and it is so funny to see you sitting with all the other kiddies reading your book.


You love books!  You say "buuuu" for book and point at them when we're sitting in the rocking chair.  You will now sit still when I'm reading to you and you also point at the pictures when I say the name while reading.  You're really into the "touch and feel" books now.  You are really smart and will hand me whatever item I ask for and can go get a specific item when asked.  Your favorite toy is a baseball bat, but you would prefer to play with household items.  You don't say many real words yet, but you're working on it.  You babble up a storm and it sounds like you try to repeat the things I say.  I know it's only a matter of time before you'll be talking up a storm!

Happy 13 Months Little Man!
We Love You!

Jack's Stats
Height: 32 inches
Weight: about 28 lbs
Clothes: 18-24 months, some 2T
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks
2-3 cups of milk and a lot of water
Nap: 2 hours, most days
Sleep: 7:30pm - 7:30am (sometimes wakes up around 3am)
Teeth: 4 top, 4 bottom


**blogger formatting is giving me fits today, so sorry if this post is all funky!**

4 comments:

Heather (@dontcallmedotty) said...

Hi, this is Heather stopping by from A Bloggy Mom BlogHop!

I'll be back again real soon, but in the meantime please come visit my blog too! I'm having a really cute giveaway right now :-)

Heather
http://misadventuresofamommy.com

Marcia said...

What a cutie!

Found you at the Sat. Social.

Katie Sexton said...

What a cutie!!! I am a new follower and I would love a follow back!!!!
http://mommysexton.blogspot.com/

Old To New said...

Those pictures are too cute!