8.06.2010

Because Being a Full-Time Working Mommy {with a Blog*} isn't Enough...

I've invested in an embroidery machine, A LOT of fabric, ribbon, onesies and burpcloths and have opened an Etsy shop (more about that when I get a few more things made and listed) and someday plan to have a booth at a craft fair/trade days.  For now I'll just show you what I've done so far.  I still have some things to learn, but I think for my first time working with an embroidery machine, I'm doing pretty good!



And here's the quilt from yesterday that I made for my Memaw.  I think it turned out really cute!  I might have to make one of these for myself.  I love the colors and the fabrics!  I tried to put the date under her name, but that didn't work out so well!  Ripping embroidery out of an item is not something I want to do again.  HA!


Last night was a BUSY night at our house, but at least Jack cooperated with Mommy's need to sew and went to bed early, but don't worry he was up for his "midnight snacks" at about 10:00 and then again at 12:15. 


Since turning ONE a few weeks ago, Jack has been waking up every night for a late night snack or two.  I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't take a bottle or get formula anymore, or if he's not eating enough during the day? 


Whatever it is, he's as happy as can be after a snack and is usually ready to go back to bed. 

Did/Do your kids do this?  If so, was it just a phase?  Any suggestions on how to get him to sleep through the night again?
Photobucket
* blogging, for me, takes a lot of time.  i.e. editing pics, what to write, fighting with blogger's formatting, etc.  i started this blog because i needed a hobby and it still wasn't enough.  HA!

9 comments:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

WOW! You are sooo talented. These are amazing! Thank you for linking up to Fabulous Fridays @ Life as a Wife! I am a new follower :) I also am going to add you to my blog rol!! Come back and visit!

Hannah said...

wow, those are all so beautiful! You are really crafty! Visting from five question friday!

http://ourhappyhomeblog.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

hey girl!Those are beautiful! I am your newest follower from FF :) Have a great weekend!
http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

CM said...

Wow, those designs are so cute! I thought at first they were a pic from website for the machine until I read it again...YOU have a gift!

Bellgirl said...

Alas! -yes, my 3 1/2 year old was hopping up for midnight snacks. When I stopped giving them to him he stopped asking, but unfortunately it hasn't stopped him waking in the night, but that's only sometimes now, not every night. Good luck!

Staci J said...

I LOVE having an embroidery machine!! I haven't had the guts to attempt anything as intricate and gorgeous as you:)
Great work!!
Visiting from justsewsassy.com

Dorcas said...

Those are beautiful! And yes my kids went through the phase of eating at night. All 4. I just started feeding them a snack (ex. cookies and milk,cereal bar, etc) right before bedtime and that seemed to help.

~blessings

Dorcas
http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Those are great! My little girl has been cramping my sewing time, but she decided to go to bed so I got some projects whipped out last night. Visiting from Motivate me Monday.
~Kimberlee
www.thespunkydiva.blogspot.com

Mom2fur said...

Look at all the beautiful things you made! And isn't Jack a cute, happy baby?
I don't know if he's going through a stage. You might mention this to the doctor on his next visit and get some suggestions there. You need to figure out if he's really hungry or he just wants your company. But I promise you, stage or not, this won't last forever. This is from a mom of 4 who are all adults now and not one of them cries for a bottle, LOL!
But the 20-year-old (youngest) does get up in the night for a snack. So long as he doesn't wake me up, it's okay!