8.05.2010

Sneak Peek

...of the latest rag quilt I'm working on.  Rag quilts are the reason I wanted to get my sewing machine out in the first place and the reason I bought a new machine.  The first quilt was the first thing I'd sewn since high school and it took me FOREVER!  At least that's what it seemed like at the time, plus I followed an online tutorial which included A LOT of unneccesary steps!  Maybe I should write a tutorial.  I digress.  Anyway, it's been a while since I made that quilt and let me tell you this time around is MUCH EASIER and QUICKER!!  I should finish tonight.


My Memaw's birthday was yesterday, so I'm making this quilt for her.  {it will be a few days late, but it's the thought that counts, right?}  She's always been the quilter in our family, all hand sewn of course, so I decided it was time to make something for her.  Albeit a machine sewn quilt, I'm sure she'll love it just the same!  And it is quite different than the more traditional, beautiful quilts she's sewn and given to us. 


I can't wait to show you the finished product... I'm sure it will be beautiful!  I just love the fabrics and the colors of this quilt.  I found a new fabric store and they have the BEST selection!  I'll definitely be shopping there again.

And just because no post is "complete" without a few pictures of Jack, here are some from this morning...

Ready for school.

Doesn't everyone take bath soap to school?

Do you know how hard it is to get a decent good picture of a toddler?  I took about 15 more this morning, but only these 3 were good enough to post and they are ok at best.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Linking to:
Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt!! Memaw will love it. Jack looks soooooo tall. Bout time for that green outfit to go in the "Chase Box".

Tales from the Trails said...

Love the quilt. She will love it too : )

And Jack is always so cute.

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest boy ever!!!

Meaghan said...

Visiting from Keepin Company Thursday. My son has that same monkey one piece! very cute blog. I have 2 blogs - mommy and fitness. I am your newest follower.

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the Trendy Treehouse friday follow. Your little man is adorable! I miss my boys being little. They aren't so cute when they are taller than you. Plus they smell.

Sara said...

I love all of the pictures. Jack is a cutie and your quilt is beautiful. I'm trying to get the courage to make my own, but it's not there yet.

I'm a new follower.

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Those fabrics are soooo much fun! Love them!
~Kimberlee
www.thespunkdiva.blogspot.com