1.05.2011

What I'm Loving & (semi) Wordless Wednesday!

{semi} Wordless Wednesday Hosted by Daphne

{one} That God answers prayers!  Sweet Baby Preston is holding steady and the doctors are pleased with what they see so far.  Please keep those prayers coming, as the Pineapples and Pickles family still has a long road ahead of them and I know Tiffanie is so thankful for all of the thoughts and prayers being said for her precious baby boy and their family! 


{two}  I'm loving my curious little boy!  Ran was cleaning out the grill last night and Jack just had to help.  He is a pretty good little helper.  It's amazing to me how quickly he picks up on things.  He wants to do everything we do and as frustrating as it can sometimes be when you're trying to get things done; like empty the dishwasher, cook dinner or pick up the house, it is pretty cute!  I just wish I could have video cameras recording 24/7 to capture all of the stuff he does.  Jack is such a little sponge right now!


{three}  My new camera!  I was getting ready to take pictures for my Etsy shop the other day, and for some reason my camera wouldn't work.  I'm not exactly sure what happened to it, but it looked as if it had been dropped.  Both boys in my house are pleading the fifth.  Either way, Ran bought me a new Nikon dSLR camera and I couldn't be happier!  Now if I can learn to use it.  I have a for Dummies book on the way! HA!


{four}  This sweet little shirt I made for my nephew.  I've been wanting to make a shirt similar to this for a while now, but never got around to it.  I'm loving the way it turned out and can't wait to make one for Jack!


{five}  My new serger.  Although I'm not exactly sure what all it is capable of doing, I've conquered the basic serging the seams and ohmygoodness it makes such a huge difference in the way the seams look.  They look all professionally finished!  (insert jazz hands - because it makes me that excited!)


What are you LOVING today?

Photobucket

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that shirt too! Great job! I got a serger for Christmas....I have yet to have a chance to sit down and figure it out though! :)

Kari said...

So funny...hi my name is kari, and I'm secretly in love with my serger! I can't even believe I used to make clothes without one! I hope I'm still cool after saying that...

And a new camera too! How fun. I'm taking a photo 101 class right now, I'll try to share all the shortcuts withyou. Xoxo

Diana said...

I love the new camera!

Hope you learn alot for your new camera:)

Shannon said...

So fun! I'm laughing as I read about your camera. Bret bought me one for Christmas that he just returned. Though it takes beautiful still pictures, it just can't keep up with GG. The camera we're look to purchase in its place is this very Nikon! Let me know how you love it!

And yes, thank Heaven for all those daily miracles, including baby Preston!

Happy Wednesday!

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! I don't think I've said "hello" in 2011 yet, hee hee.
I have a Nikon D40 and LOVE it so so so much!!!
Have a great day!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

thanks so much for thinking of me and my etsy shop for your party planning!!

and 1. your little man is adorable! my sophia is a sponge too..she soaks up everything i do and say. (eek. haha. the other day in the car ben told me something and out of disbelief and said "shut up!"...........baddd idea. little sophia decided it was her new favorite word for the rest of the car ride. haha. mother of the year over here!! ;)

and yay on the new camera! i got a new one too.. a canon.and i just got a book at borders to learn too haha.

Jamie said...

Thanks for playing along!

Love your new camera!

The White House said...

Girl, you are going to LOVE your nikon!! I sure do love mine!

Ok, so I just saw that you have an etsy shop!! How did I miss that?!?! Gonna go check it out!

Sweet Jack... =) Blessings!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

You made that shirt??!?! your so talented!

nomo wino daph said...

Thanks for linking up!! That shirt is too cute!! Heck, I'd wear one of those:)

Look at your sweet baby Jack....precious!

If you shot Canon I could give you a tutorial, I have no knowledge on Nikon.

Have a great evening-
D

Jennifer said...

Jack is at such a fun age, but it is hard at the same time. I have been there and am there again now too :) I try to let them help as much as possible, but it isn't always possible :) I am so jealous of your new serger. I am sure you are having fun exploring its capabilities :)

Emily Powell said...

My cousin's wife posted on facebook the other day about baby preston and how the mom was her college friend...small world!