1.17.2011

Date Night - A Sick Jack = Perfect Weekend

What an awesome weekend!  Ok, maybe just a GREAT Saturday!  My mom got into town around noon on Saturday and my grandparents came up for a little bit too, so Ran and I took full advantage of having someone to watch Jack for us and ran a few errands.  We went to Starbucks and did a little shopping.  Unfortunately, I was the one looking for some new clothes and didn't find a thing!  Hate it when that happens.  But, we did get a new set of pots and pans.  We love them and since we cook dinner almost every night, we really needed some good pots.  (The teflon coating was starting to chip on some of our old ones.)  The set even came with a steamer that fits in one of the pots.  LOVE!

After our brief shopping extravaganza, we went home to hang out with Jack and my mom for a little bit, before heading out for the evening.  We ate at Primos (a Mexican place downtown) and it was really good!  It was so nice to go out, just the two of us.  I don't think we've been out to dinner alone in almost a year. 


Once we finished dinner, we headed to our friend's birthday party!  There were probably about 20-25 people there.  It was at a hotel bar, which was really nice.  It wasn't too crowded and there was plenty of room for everyone to sit, or dance and just hang out.  We had so much fun!  We even danced a little.  HA!  I am not a dancer and neither is Ran, so I'm sure we were a sight to see, but who cares, we had a blast! 

The birthday girl
(awful picture of us, but at least she looks great!)

We spent the night at the hotel, so we wouldn't have to worry about driving home or getting a cab.  Talk about awesome - room service in the middle of the night!  Fantastic!  (obviously, we don't get out much. HA!)

We got up early Sunday morning and headed home because Jack and I were supposed to go to my friend's daughter's birthday party, but when we got home my mom said Jack had diarrhea pretty bad.  Unfortunately, I spent the rest of the day changing poopy diapers.  A stomach bug had been going around Jack's school last week, and I was hoping he had escaped it this time, but oh no, it showed up with a vengance yesterday morning!  It was awful.  So, we snapped back into reality real quick!  Oh well, at least we got one good night!  Thanks again Mama! 
Photobucket

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sad to hear Jack had the stomach bug, but glad to hear you have a nice night out! Sometimes all it takes is one night away to feel refreshed :)

The White House said...

I'm so glad ya'll got a night out! That's something we strive for as much as possible! =) Hate that you came home to a sick baby though.. I hope Jack is feeling better soon!!!

Neely said...

You live in Dallas right? Primos on McKinney!?!?!? I was there Friday!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Poor Jack!! Hate when little ones are sick!

Glad you and R got a night out!!! I'm sure it was nice and needed! :)

KM said...

So fun to get out! Good for you :)

Shannon said...

So fun, B! Bret and I had a date night last weekend for the first time since October. It was much needed and so fun!

Got your email...things have been a bit off around here since yesterday. Will measure and get back to you soon. Hope Jack is feeling better. I know what you mean about sick littles...it's rough!

Hugs!

Auntie D said...

Sorry to hear Jack isn't feeling well. Hate when the little ones are sick!

Looks like you two had a fun night out!! Love date nights!!

Traci said...

Glad y'all had fun! Hope the little one is feeling better.

The Regal Pup said...

So jealous of your weekend! You and your husband are such a cute couple! I hope Jack is feeling better.

Tabitha said...

New follower(follow me chickadee)
http://mommydaddyandmason.blogspot.com/

Kari said...

you guys are so lucky!!! That sounds like so much fun. Now, you just have to remember to try to do it once a month (at least!).

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

soooo stinkin envious of ur date night. what was it like being an adult again? i'm beggin the inlaws to babysit little demon this weekend so hubs and i can have some olive garden just the 2 of us...it might be my last time! haha