1.24.2011

Baby Brady's Shower

My sister, Linzi, and I hosted a baby shower for our sister, Sarah, this past weekend.  Baby Brady is due at the beginning of April, but we have a suspicion that he may make his debut in mid to late March.  Judging by all of the gifts Sarah received, it is safe to say he is one loved little boy already!

Sarah received so many wonderful gifts and lucky for her, I think the only big thing she needs to buy is a stroller.  I can't wait for Sweet Brady to be born and watch him and Jack play together!  Jack's never been around a baby, so it should be fun to watch!

Linzi ordered cupcakes from Ooh La La Bakery and they were SOOO good!  I ordered personalized cookies from Lori's Place which turned out so cute!  I completely forgot to take a picture of the cookies.  Also on the menu was crudite with homemade ranch, frest fruit with vanilla cream dip, chicken salad croissants, tangy meatballs, creole shrimp dip and marinated cheese.  It all turned out fabulous!


A special Thank You goes to Natalie from the Pretty Paperie for creating such cute printables for the shower!  I just love the blues, yellows and greens that she chose and everything matched just prefectly!  I love the personal touch the printables added to the water bottles, our book basket and the cupcakes.  (We asked on the invitation that everyone bring a book to help start Brady's library.)  It was also nice to have menu cards for all of the items so no one had to guess what they were eating.


The Mommy-to-be surrounded by all of her gifts!  Linzi had a great idea for everyone to write a note to the new parents on newborn diapers, to make those late night diaper changes just a little more fun!  It was funny to see what everyone wrote.  My favorite was the one that said "Daddy's Turn"! 


Linzi made this adorable Cookie Monster diaper cake!  It was just precious!

My gift for Baby Brady and Sarah

I stuffed a clothes hamper full of diapers and wipes and had all the goodies displayed on top.  Some of the goodies included personalized onesies and burpcloths, Baby's First 100 Words book, snack cups, disposable table toppers, pants, booties, and other little odds and ends. 


Overall, I think the shower was a success!  There were a few little touches that we didn't get around to, but in the end it didn't really matter.
WELCOME BABY BRADY!
We cannot wait to meet you!
Photobucket



15 comments:

Stephanie said...

Precious shower! You girls did a great job!
I love the last pic of Jack running wide eyed and open mouthed, hahaha!

Mama K said...

Looks like a great baby shower!!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

lol@ daddy's turn! yeah right in my house...hubs stays asleep...momma gets all the shifts in this house!

natalie's stuff was beautiful!

Traci said...

Brandy, y'all did a great job! It looks like she got tons of great stuff! It's so exciting to welcome a new baby.

Heather said...

It turned out sooo cute! I am jealous! I think I need to have another baby and move to Texas :). Right down the street from my crafty b.f.f. I am so excited for you to be an aunt too. You will love it. So nice to hold that sweet baby and give him back when he cries :).

Shannon said...

So much fun! Y'all did a great job on everything from the diaper cake to the planning. I love your gift as well. So thoughtful---plus I'm a sucker for anything in a basket!

So fortunate here, Bret was and still is a super big help with all things baby!

Kari said...

You guys did a fabulous job! I wish you threw my shower!!!

Tales from the Trails said...

You were right around the corner, ugh! I completely forgot to touch base with you. But I am sure you were super busy with this amazing shower. It looks awesome.

I went to school with the owner of Ooh La La. Who knew she was this talented back then, HA!!??

Jennifer said...

Wow...looks like the shower was a huge success. Your sis got tons of great things...I am sure she is so excited :) Love the book idea and by the way, my Anthony has the Cookie Monster towel...it is too darn cute :)

Biz said...

I saw you on Tara Being Tara and thought I'd stop by!
I saw your pictures of the baby shower and now I can't wait to have a little one so I can have some of that fun...and maybe a few of those DELICIOUS cupcakes!
Biz

Krista said...

The party looked adorable! Great job and congrats to your sister.

Mika said...

Looks like your sis had a wonderful shower!
I'm following from the blog hop.
I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Mika

Kelly said...

WOW! What a fabulous and fun shower it looks like you threw for your sister! The food looks DELISH and the diaper cake is too cute. And what a precious picture of Jack, adorable! :-)

Tanya Cunningham said...

This is one of the most interesting blogs and I love the decorations for the baby shower..

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

Love how you put it all together girl!! just tweeted this. :) so happy to have helped with the printables!