1.12.2011

A Day in the Life

Alternative Name
A (weekday) Day in My Life
- Get up at 7-ish, take a shower, get ready, wake Jack, dress him (contrary to the pictures on my blog, he does get out of his jammies!  HA!) and leave for work/school.  I am NOT a morning person so it is a MAD DASH out the door every morning.  I grab Jack a glass of milk and granola bar, me a Dr Pepper and we are on our way.  He usually eats breakfast in the car (bad mom, i know), but it's always snack time when he gets to school so he gets another little something then.


- After dropping Jack off, I drive to work and do work stuff the rest of the day.  I try to leave work around 4, sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later.


- If I have time after work, I run errands for my Etsy shop or go to the grocery store.  I really try to get all of my errands run during the week, so I can have the weekends to just be at home.  (most of the time I stay in my jammies all weekend!  don't judge!)


- Once Jack and I get home (Ran is usually already home), it feels like a race to the finish line bathtime.  Jack is usually not in the best of moods during the early evening hours, so when we get home I try to get him fed as quickly as possible.  Then we start on our dinner while he's eating.  The other night I came up with a pretty good little recipe using what we had on hand (which wasn't much).  You should try it.

Cheesy Chicken Pasta
1lb chicken breast, cooked and cut in cubes
1 can cream of chicken soup (any cream soup would work)
1 can milk
1 cup salsa (I used Pace)
8oz Velveeta
12oz macaroni noodles, cooked
shredded cheddar (any shredded cheese would work)

Boil chicken in salted water or chicken broth.
Once cooked remove chicken and cut.
Boil noodles in chicken water, drain.
Mix all ingredients together and top with shredded cheese.
Bake at 350 till bubbly.

So easy and So good!

- After dinner, Jack bathes and brushes his teeth and somehow magically gets happy again! HA!


-  Then we play until it's bedtime for him.  He typically goes to bed between 7:30 and 8.  Sometimes later, but I really try to have him in bed by 8.

-  After we put Jack to bed, I either sew orders or we just hang out.  I'm really trying to find balance between completing orders and hanging out with Ran.  Before Thanksgiving my shop went crazy and I was sewing constantly, but now sales are coming in at a manageable rate and I'm only sewing 3-4 days/week.


I made these overalls last night for my friend's daughter's second birthday party.  She bought the overalls at a resale shop for $5 and then we just embellished them.  (she found the outfit on Etsy)  They're having a Petting Zoo themed party (complete with a real petting zoo and pony rides) and I think it's going to be so much fun for the kids.  I'll share party pictures next week. 

Ok, hop on over to Natalie's blog to link up your "Day in the Life" post.

If you're new to Jumping Jack or have never left a comment,
please say Hi! 
I'd love to "meet" you!

Happy Wednesday, Yall!
Photobucket






21 comments:

Tara @ Tara Being Tara said...

I love reading about what other people do all day!! I have no idea how you manage a full-time job, an etsy shop and a family????

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

i agree with Tara..how do you do it all!? you are super mama. thanks for linking up to my blog and the new link party!! I'm working on your esty order right now.. baby showers are so fun. :)

Cole Franke said...

Writing that recipe down now. :) Such a cute blog design. Nice to meet you! I'll be back.

Stephanie said...

I will just say..I'm jealous. Where do you work that you can get up at 7am but leave work by 4pm. With two boys to get ready and a full time job plus a commute of 40 minutes, I have to get up at 5am, STINKS!

Matthew and Bailey Walkup said...

Loved reading about your day! We both have little boys named Jack!

Traci said...

Girl, I'm with you on the DP for breakfast. Although, I'm trying to cut back. I love the overalls. They're adorable!

WeeMasonMan's Mom said...

Add me to the jealous list! I'm up by 6:30, get back home at 5 and it seems like usually we are too crazy busy to get supper until after WeeMan goes to bed at 8:30!

Those bibs are soooooooooooooo cute!!!

Cory (playdates and prescriptions) said...

Stopping by from the Busy Budgeting Mama! Sounds like you have quite the busy day!! I guess we (as moms) all do, huh? :) I can't wait to explore further and see what your etsy site is, the overall were ADORABLE!

Shannon said...

Such a busy lady...I can identify with some of this though I don't work outside of the home, as you know. But still the day is over and I'm not even sure where it went!

Hope your Wednesday is going well!

Krista said...

Came over from the Busy Budgeting Mama also! Love your designs and will check out your etsy shop too! I feel you on working a "other job" AND trying to build a business AND raise kids AND have a good relationship with your hubby....you go girl! It's not easy.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

ohhh hello...ur morning and after pickup routines are dizzy bizzy! ugh! maybe ur business will take off and you'll be sooo busy you have to stay home! ;o)

no judging here...i'd stay in my pj's too on weekends...if i could fit in any! :o)

Marjorie said...

thanks for visiting! i'm following now too :)

Jessica said...

Wow, you are one busy mama! A cutie-pie, a job, and an etsy store?? That's something to be proud of!

Jennifer said...

I think that finding balance in life is really what it is about. Even though it is tough and we sometimes switch our priorities, it all comes back to spending time with the fam :) Love that little outfit...too cute!!

Jenn said...

Gosh you just described one of my "weekday" days almost to a {T} just add three more kiddos to the mix! Oh... and no Etsy shop for me... You've got me on that one. :)

What a cute shop by the way... ♡ I meant to tell you that last time I stopped by!

Happy Wednesday!

Kari said...

He seriously cracks me up!

Ross said...

He sounds just like one of my kids who ends up being a real handfull! Great blog! I plan on stopping by to read your site more!

Honey at 2805 said...

Great job on those upcycled overalls!

LV said...

I truly enjoyed hearing about your day in life. At least, you seem to have it organized for time to share with family. That is so important. Jack is adorable. You must be very talented to turn these little overalls into a designer piece.

Holly said...

That pasta sounds yummo and those overalls are adorable!!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great job on those cute little overalls!