1.10.2011

Pay it Forward & Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one} It SNOWED in Texas yesterday!  We don't see much snow here and typically if we do, it comes later in the year.  Unfortunately, yesterday's snow was really wet since temps hovered around 34* so there was no playing in the snow for us.  I did snap a few pictures though.

our backyard
Click HERE for last year's snow day pictures

{two} Jack didn't get out of his jammies all weekend!  I did at least put clean jammies on him everyday, even though you can't tell from these pictures! HA!  He loved playing in my boots!

His poor skin does not do good in this cold weather. 
His cheeks are so dry and chapped.

{three} What are your favorite baby shower games?  What are your favorite foods to serve when hosting a shower?  I need ideas, please!  I'm helping host a baby shower for my step-sister in a few weeks and we're wanting to have light hor d'oeuvres and a few ice breaker games since most of the girls coming will not know each other very well.  Nothing too hokey though.

{four} I reached 300 followers this weekend!  Wooo Hooo!  When I started this little blog, I had no idea anyone would ever want to read my random ramblings, but I'm so glad you do!  So, welcome to my new followers and thanks to all who read and comment.  You make this little labor of love worthwhile!


{five} I saw the "Pay it Forward" pledge the other day on Summer's blog and couldn't help but play along.  It sounds like fun and who doesn't love to get a little happy in the mail from time to time!

"I promise to send something handmade
to the first 3 people who leave a comment here
To be eligible, you must also post this in your blog,
offering the same thing to 3 other people.
The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it
must be sent to your 3 people *sometime* in 2011."


The rules are simple:
The first 3 commenters on this post will receive something handmade by me in 2011 and will also make 3 handmade items for 3 other people.  Simply post about "Pay it Forward" on your blog and let the fun begin!  Easy peasy, right?
Photobucket




14 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

lovin him in your boots!!

what? wet? we got really good stick here and played for hours...come back to the neighborhood!

ohhh ohhh did i win?

Queen Bee said...

We enjoyed the snow too, and p.s. we were in our jammies all weekend as well!! enjoy the snow, ours is still here!!

Kari said...

Yay...I'm doing this. Can't wait!

christina said...

weekends in jammies are the bomb! :)
re: baby shower, the only game i actually don't mind is baby bingo- noboby gets embarassed and it makes time pass as gifts get open (as they open the gifts, people check off the bingo card)

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

Darn, just missed your fabulous deal. I am a Texas girl, just temporarily relocated, and I can't believe it snowed there yesterday, how fun :)
As for baby shower ideas, I like to forego the 'smell what nasty melted candy bar is in the diaper' game for some others. I hosted a baby shower where I downloaded every song with "Baby" in the title (i.e. "Baby One More Time" - Britney Spears, "Baby, Baby" - Amy Grant, "Baby Got Back" - Sir Mix a Lot) and played a snippet of it and had people write down the title if they knew. The most correct titles won. Something different :)
Happy Magical Monday!

http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

nomo wino daph said...

Your snow images are beautiful! I lived in Tx for a little over a year and never saw snow:(

Look at lil man in those boots, too precious!

I hope your day is great,
Daph

The Regal Pup said...

Congrats on reaching 300! Your blog is too cute not to follow :)

Also, I've seen that Pay it Forward thing going around Facebook too. I'd never be able to participate, as I am so not crafty - ha!

Holly said...

I am a new follower! Feel free to check out my blog.
http://popsiclesandpigtails.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Poor Jack's little red cheeks :( Ellie has the same dry skin on her face.

I love to serve dips at showers. You can serve spinach-artichoke dip, buffalo chicken dip (google it, it's aMAZing!) and a variety of deserty dips like caramel with apples, or chocolate chip cream cheese dip!

Tales from the Trails said...

Snow??!!! What snow!! We got Nothin'. I wouldn't mind a snow day though; a vacation sounds great.

That is one boot wearin' baby. Too cute.

Jennifer said...

So fun that you got a little 'glimpse' of snow. I can't say the same here in NY. We are gearing up for another big storm tomorrow :) Love Jack in your boots. It always cracks me up when kids to that. And what a great 'Pay it Forward' idea. Sounds like fun :)

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

ok i can barely handle the cuteness in this post!!! how stinking adorable! i wanted to invite you to hop over to my blog and check out my video post..inviting everyone to join in the new blog link up i'm doing now every wednesday!! i came here to tell you about it and then saw you linked up with carissa!! love her. she just -emailed me that she is going to try and do the wednesday link up! love her. ok.. this is a novel. ttyl! ps are you on twitter???

Traci said...

Here's a link to a recipe for shrimp dip that I love. http://thetracichronicles.blogspot.com/2011/01/shrimp-dip.html

I first had it at my bridal shower. I've made it a million times for showers & different events & it's always a hit!

Kelly said...

Yay for snow!! I bet that was a sight to see :-) You can take OUR snow at any time you'd like!! Hah! Congrats on getting to 300 followers too! Little Jack is too precious :-) Hope you're having a great week so far!!