7.16.2010

One HOT Friday!

Yep, it's one HOT Friday here in Texas!  The high for today is 98, but will feel like 104, and for Jack's big party tomorrow, it's going to be 99 and feel like 107.  Fantastic!  Much to my dismay, I guess we'll be holding our "Beach Monkey" party indoors; not to mention my backyard looks like a construction zone right now thanks to the "perfect" timing of a home improvement project.  More about that later.

Alright, it's Friday again and that means Mama M is hosting 5 Question Friday, so click on over and join the fun!




1. Do you collect anything?
Sorta.  My mom gives me a Precious Moments figurine every year on my birthday.  So, I have quite a collection of those.  

2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.
Oh that's easy!

Kenny Chesney
So hot! 
Cowboy Hat, Guitar, Love Songs... need I say more?

Jason Segel
He's just so cute and funny and has that "boyish" charm about him.

Vince Vaughn
Oh how I love him!  He's so darn funny!!! 
And, I kinda think he resembles Randy which makes me love him that much more! HA!

3. Do you have any scars?
If so, what's the story behind it (them?)?
I have little burn marks here and there.  After all, I do work in a kitchen!  But I do have one very special little scar on my tummy from where Jack was born. (I'll share more about his birth next week.)

4. What is a food that you like to eat, but others might think it's gross or weird?
I'm not really sure.  I don't eat to many "exotic" foods.  Ha!

5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?
Does a hurricane count? 
In September of 2008, some co-workers and I were helping with relief efforts in Baton Rouge after Hurricane Gustav, when we got a call to go to Beaumont, TX.  We hopped in the car and drove to Beaumont the day before Hurricane Ike was supposed to hit.  The 3 of us sat in a hotel room, with no electricity (it was HOT) and watched as Hurricane Ike destroyed the Texas coast.  Talk about one scary, unforgettable night!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Linking to:
Photobucket

16 comments:

............. said...

I found your blog through one of the other blogs I was surfing. Great blog very happy and cheerful. :-) I'm adding myself as a new follower. and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I can tell from your celeb picks that you love the funny guys! Atta girl! New Friday follower in the house. Hope you'll come return the favor!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Sheila said...

Stopping by from Friday Follow.
http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Lyng said...

There is something about Vince Vaughn, I have to admit!

Tanyia said...

Hi there, I am your newest follower from Friday's Social Parade! Would love to have you stop by my blog as well!

http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/


ps....yummmmy Kenny Chesney!

Cameron said...

I'm a new follower from Social Parade! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

http://www.ingenuemom.com

♥ LLL with Leslie ♥ said...

Hi.I am your newest follower from Friendly Friday.Please follow me back. Have a great day.

Leslie
www.livelovelaughwithleslie.com

I am Harriet said...

Stopping by from the Friday Follow to say hello!
Thanks so much for playing!
Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/what-could-you-possibly-learn-from-me-in-this-profilebuilding-friendship-one-blog-hop-at-a-time/

Allyn Marie @ With Faith Family and Friends said...

Another Texan here visiting from the Friday follow! I enjoyed learning a little about you! Kenny is pretty hot! :)

Shanna Brooks said...

Hi. I am a new follower from FF. Nice to meet you n stuff!
Shanna@www.mommiesandbeyond.com



1. Children...Lol ( yours,mine and ours) He has 3, I have 1 we adopted 2
2.Kevin Costner
Keith Urban
umm cant remember his name...oh yeah, Owen Wilson
3. scar from dime going into knee, fell on it when i was 13. swollen looking weird growth some sort a inside mole and broken blood vessels from 6 week immuz.
4.sandwich, preferably on whole grain bread miracle whip n pb
5.just the tip of it before it hit neighbors yard

Tales from the Trails said...

What a great post. Loved your answers.

Good luck with the party tomorrow. Don't forget to enjoy yourself : )

Ashley said...

Inside pool party?!?! I'm sure these little ones wouldn't mind a little heat if it means playing in water. Slather them up with sunscreen and hats and they will be good to go! Looking forward to celebrating Jack's birthday tomorrow. Can't believe it's been a year! Not to mention, I can't believe that hurricane you were in was in 2008!!! That seems like eons ago, but I remember you telling me all about it like it was yesterday. Thank God for happy endings!

Jennifer said...

I'm a new follower from 5 question Friday. I have Jason Segel on my celebrity list too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, following from NFF! Now, come on tell us what strange and interesting thing you eat when no one is watching!! Just teasing, love your list!!

Come and visit if you get the chance, happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh I loooove Vince!

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Oh yes I remember those Hurricanes but we had our big three in 2003 or 2004 can't remember. I'm in South Florida.

Stopping by from Friendly Friend. Stop by and say hi if you get a chance.

http://shibleysmiles.blogspot.com/