7.07.2010

4th of July and Green Bean Slop

My parents came to town last weekend, so Randy and I took advantage of their offer to babysit Saturday night and went over to our friends' house baby free!  That only means one thing - CRAZINESS!  HA! 


The crazy chefs getting ready to grill up some yummy fajitas and costillas.  Apparently they have been holding out on the costillas, because that is the first time I've ever had them and man were they good!!  We had a good time visiting, swimming and just hanging out.  And I know my parents had fun playing with Jack. 


I spent most of Sunday recovering napping, then we went back to Scott and Kim's to celebrate the 4th of July with some ribs, baked beans and potato salad.  Jack had fun splashing around in the hot tub.  He had ear infections all weekend, so I didn't want to risk him getting water in his ears if we played in the big pool, but I bought him a new float yesterday, so hopefully this weekend his ears will be cleared up and we'll get to go swimming again.  We didn't see any fireworks this year since they didn't start until after Jack's bedtime.  Maybe next year!
 
Green Bean Slop Recipe

2 slices of bacon
1 small onion, diced
1 can cut green beans
1 can mexi-corn, drained
1-2 fresh tomatoes, diced (canned would work)
2 tsp Uncle Chris' Gourmet Steak seasoning

Cut raw bacon into small pieces and brown in pan.
Add onion and saute until tender.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

This is such an easy recipe and so good!

Photobucket

No comments: