7.18.2010

Beach Monkey Party Success

We had Jack's FIRST Birthday Bash on Saturday at our house. If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you know this party has been months in the making and I'm so happy to say it was a SUCCESS!  Even though it was 100+ degrees here in Texas on Saturday, Randy still grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and we had cake and a banana split bar outside.  The kids even played in the kiddie pool for a while.  And, our little "home improvement" project actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  We're building a patio cover and the guys got up the support beams on Friday, so we were able to put up tarps (think FEMA blue) and have some shade.  It was pretty tacky, but better than nothing.  I'll post pics of the patio project later in the week.  It's going to be SUPER nice!!  I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Resting up before the big party.

Jack and Kendall loved the little pool and I LOVED how the banner turned out!

The cake was really cute, but I wanted it to have brighter colors and some reds and oranges, but o'well.  It did taste good and Jack enjoyed it!  We gave the little fans as favors for the adults to help keep cool.  I had really cute party favor boxes for the kids, but I forgot to take a picture.  They were stuffed with a monkey shaped cup, mini monkey beach ball, bubbles and a lei.

Jack's first car - a cozy coupe - and just like any new car, this is just the temporary plate, the real one will be here in a few days.  HA!

Jack with Grandad and Memaw - his great-grandparents.

Hollywood Jack and Grammy

We thank everyone for making Jack's first birthday so special.  I wish we would have taken more pictures, but we were too busy having fun!


Sunday morning we had an appointment with our fabulous photographer, Jennifer, for Jack's one year pictures. I think we got really cute pictures and can't wait to see them all!! Here are a few my parents snapped. I'll post the link to the sneak peek when Jennifer gets it posted. 

Mommy, Daddy and Jack

My mom made this little outfit.

It has the cutest cupcake with "JACK" on the front.

Grammy and Papa Jeff

Mama and Jeff - Thank you so much for all of your help with the preparations for Jack's party.  We could not have done all of it without you.  Randy and I are so thankful for all you do for us.  We love you!

---------------------------------------------------------------


I hate we couldn't celebrate together, but I'm sure you had an AWESOME birthday!  You're birthday present should be complete sometime this week!
I love you! 

--------------------------------------------------------------
Linking to:
Photobucket

12 comments:

Stylist A said...

looks like an absolutely fun birthday party. Love the theme and the banner looks awesome! Way crafty you are. Happy first birthday to your super cute little man :)

Toni said...

SUPER impressed with the banner! and your mum rocked that cute outfit.
First birthdays are so special and so much fun to plan, aren't they?

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I've blog hopped over from Jaded Gym Junkie's Sweet Sundae blog hop.

That first photo of the two of you sleeping is so beautiful, a moment so worth capturing.

I love the photo of the three of you outside too.

The banana split bar idea sounds wonderful. I wonder if I could do something similar at my boys' next party.

Nice to 'meet' you.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a fun birthday party! Thanks for joining in.

darcie said...

CUTE pics of you guys together! Love them!

twinkietotmom said...

What a great birthday party. My girls turn one at the end of the month and their party is going to be an ice cream social...so we will be having the banana split bar as well! We live in Florida so I know what you mean about the heat...that's one thing I think I will hate about them having a summer birthday!

I'm stopping by from Mommy & Me Monday and your newest follower...love the blog!

Emily said...

What a cutie and what a fun birthday celebration!!! I have a Jack too! ;)

Amanda said...

Hi, I am a new follower to your blog. Jack's birthday pictures look so cute. You are definitely a crafty one. Can't wait to read more. Happy Monday!!

Tales from the Trails said...

Looks like everything was wonderful. Love the banner. Cute family pictures. Now you have to start planning his 2nd birthday, : )

mommy Orkid Belle said...

It sure looks like a great party and the kids were having fun. You did great! I love that banner. My first visit here!

Adin B

Lori said...

A fantastic party!! I have a Jack too so do you want to pack that banner up and send it to me for his birthday in a few weeks:) It's GREAT!!

Holly said...

Awesome! I love the JACK number plate. :)