2.18.2010

Ran-Ran's Barber Shop


Now open for business! HA! For those of you who don't know, Randy cuts his own hair and has for a few years now. To this day, I still cannot figure out how he gets the back and sides cut without messing them up, but somehow he manages and most of the time his haircuts turn out really good. (I tell you, the man can do almost anything.) Occassionally, I'll shave his neck, but not that often. Now, I'm glad he can cut his own hair and save the $10-15 but really, is it necessary? It makes a mess in my our bathroom - there is hair EVERYWHERE! He tries to sweep it up, but it is nearly impossible to get all of the hair off the floor and cabinets. So, the money saved from being your own barber is spent on a cleaning lady; although, I think he cuts it himself because it's more convenient, but whatever. All of this to say...

Randy has gotten his first customer!! And I bet you can guess who it is. Yep. That's right. It's Jack! He had his very first "real" hair cut tonight! Complete with clippers and all. I have cut the sides of his hair a few times, but it was NOTHING like this. The hair on top of his head was really long and we've been talking about cutting it for a while now and tonight was the night. Jack's sippy cup leaked and got him all wet while he was eating dinner, so when he finished I stripped him down to a diaper to play for a little while before bathtime. Well, Randy and I were sitting on the floor playing with him and decided we should cut his hair and I'll let the video tell the rest of the story...


I was shocked, to say the least, at how much hair we cut, but it doesn't look bad and it will grow back. Next time we'll use a bigger guard so the clippers don't cut so short, but for now Jack has a little flat top. So cute!

Photobucket

No comments: