2.09.2010

Look Who Can Sit Up...


Jack can officially sit up all by himself! Of course, I still have to put him in the position, but he can sit for a while. Last night, he sat on his blanket playing with his toys for a good 30 minutes while I fixed dinner. His balance is getting better everyday. I'm sure in the next few weeks, he'll be able to sit up from laying down. I'm constantly amazed at the things he can do and how much he changes from day to day. He's becoming such a "little boy" so quickly. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember the tiny baby he was a few short months ago.


Thanks to Aunt Sherry for the high chair. It's a pretty fancy one! It has different height settings so I can make it taller or shorter depending on where it's sitting, it folds up completely for storage and it even reclines. Pretty cool! Jack eats all his baby food meals in the high chair - dinner during the week and lunch, snack and dinner on the weekends. I've been giving Jack a sippy cup with water at dinner time and he really likes it. I don't think he really drinks much of the water, but he LOVES to chew on the squishy plastic spouts. I decided to introduce the cup early, so hopefully we won't have such a hard time getting him off the bottle when he turns one. I'll let you know how that works out for us. HA!


I found these cute little bags of heart shaped chocolate covered pretzels at Wal-Mart and thought they would make the perfect Valentine treat for his teachers. I just used scrapbook paper to make the name tags, then tied them with ribbon.


Since the kiddies in Jack's class are all too young for "real" candy, I thought Puffs would be great little gifts. I put them in cellophane bags and tied the names tags on with ribbon. Genius, in my opinion! I hope the other kids bring little Valentines for everyone.

What do you take for your kid's Valentine treats?

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Valentine gifts! So creative!! Our sweet boy is growing up so fast!!
I love ya'll!

Grammy

Heather said...

Lily is taking cute little valentine cards with suckers on them. I haven't figured out how to get the suckers on there but I will have to get it done soon.