6.02.2010

We Haven't Disappeared!

No, we haven't disappeared or fallen off the face of the Earth, we've just been enjoying life.  And, sometimes I don't want to can't find time to blog every little detail of our quite boring, but fun days.  Randy's been grilling and I've just been hanging out. 

My Favorite Grill Master!

Jack hasn't missed too many meals, so if we can ever get dinner ready before he goes to bed, I'm sure he'll LOVE his daddy's grilling too!  Occasionally, if he's still awake at our suppertime, I will share my burger or pork or chicken with him.  He's still iffy with solid food other than crackers, but we're working on it!

Randy's yummy everything-but-the-kitchen-sink burgers*

Doesn't get much better than grilled shrimp and filet mignon!

Ready for supper!

Randy smoked a brisket, some chickens and fresh corn on the cob this past weekend.  It was so good!  We grill corn on the cob almost everytime we grill now.  Fresh, sweet corn is the best!  I look forward to it every summer and it is so cheap and easy.  The perfect accompaniment to any meal, in my opinion!

The smoker working its magic!

We took the brisket to Scott's house for Memorial day and I made chicken salad out of the left over chicken.  I thought it was really good!  Jack also went swimming for the first time Sunday, but all the pictures are on Kim's camera.  He wasn't a fan of the pool, it was still a little cold and by the time I got him in the water the sun was behind the clouds, so it was kinda chilly.  He did love the hot tub though!  He was splashing around and not scared at all.  I guess he thought he was in a big bathtub! HA!


Jack can now stand for a little while without holding on to anything.  The time he stands alone is getting longer and longer everyday.  He's so funny to watch.  Once he realizes that he's not holding on to anything he'll start clapping.  So cute!  He hasn't tried to take any steps without holding on to something yet, but I know it's coming soon.  He can walk holding only one of my hands.  Oh my, we are going to really be in trouble when he can walk!!


And since he is getting so big, I finally got to use the cute dinosaur cookie cutter on his grilled cheese sandwich the other day!  I was pretty excited about this!!  My mom bought this for me before Jack was even born I think.  Heather always cuts Lily's sandwiches into cute shapes, so I've been looking forward to it for a while now.  Crazy, I know!  HA!

Pooped after a long day!

I'm sure there are more things I could ramble on about, but I think I've bored you enough for one day! 
* Randy's Burgers
(since this is his concoction, I'm just guessing what goes in it, but I'm sure however you adapt the recipe, it will be delicious!)
2 lbs ground beef (usually 93/7)
1 small diced yellow onion
1-2 diced jalapenos (depends how hot they are)
2 eggs (I think - maybe just one)
a touch of syrup
a touch of brown sugar
1 pkg Lipton onion soup mix
spices (any steak spice mixture will do)
sometimes a little mustard
a little teriyaki
and who knows what else!
Mix everything together, make patties and grill. 
He usually puts some smoke chips in with the charcoal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This will never work