6.04.2010

Happy Friday!



 

1. If you could go back to college would you change your major? Or, if you were to go to college right now...what major would you choose?
YES!  I declared 3 different majors before finally graduating with the 4th. 
First - Chemical Engineering.  Crazy, right!  But, a chemical engineer could make a lot of money, or continue on to dental school.  Engineering only lasted one semester.
Second - Biochemistry.  Still on the road to dental school.  I think this lasted 2, maybe 3 semesters.
Third - Food and Nutrition.  Become a Registered Dietitian or go to Dental School.  I continued with this major for a while, but somewhere along the way changed majors again.
Fourth and Final - Restaurant, Hotel and Institutional Management.  Let's just say this was REALLY easy and I liked to party alot have fun.  School definitely was not my first priority at that time.  And, although I love my job, I sometimes wonder what life would be like had I continued on the path to dental school.  I would most likely be just beginning my practice as an orthodontist. 
Would have, should have, could have...

2. What do you love most about your home?
This is a tough one.  I love our house, just not the floors or countertops, but hopefully one day that will all be replaced.  On to the question at hand.  I definitely LOVE Jack's Room.  I think it is just an adorable little boy's room and the pictures on the wall are my favorite!  I also LOVE the island in the kitchen.  It is perfect for making tamales; although, I'm not sure that is allowed anymore since I almost burned down the house when I fell asleep while steaming them (in my defense, I was pregnant at the time) and all that lard can't be good for the plumbing! HA!  I also LOVE our backyard and patio.  We spend lots of time out there.


3. What types of books do you like to read (if you like to read at all)?
The only books I read are children's books to Jack.  Does that count?  I do enjoy a Parenting magazine or cookbook every now and then.


4. What is the grossest thing you've ever eaten?
Sweetbread!  I was at a training in NY and was at a fancy dinner with the President of my company.  (Remember I am from a small TX town and am usually a pretty picky eater.)  My friend wanted me to try a bite of his sweetbreads.  I assumed that sweetbread was actually a sweet, tasty bread.  Was I ever wrong!!  I thought I was going to puck right there at the table!


5. If you HAD to be a character on a TV show, whom would you be?
Oh my, I have no idea.
Happy Friday!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mama M. said...

I HAD to leave a comment before I checked out the sweetbread link...I'm totally intrigued. What is it?!

So, what's your fav kid book? I LOVE "Goodnight Moon"!

I had no idea that Chemical Engineering could get you to dental school!!

Mama M. said...

Okay...just looked. *gag*

Excuse me, please, while I go lose my lunch!

Grody!!

Cindy said...

I also know about switching majors. I really thought I was going to go into law but I ended up being a middle school science teacher. I loved it though. Now I am a SAHM and love that even more. Dropping by from NFFridday. If you have a min stop by my blog and follow if you'd like.