6.17.2010

Queso Flameado

I do not mention work on here too often, but today I have to tell you about the Queso Flameado we made the other day.  My regional director gave us the challenge to come up with a new "exhibition" station idea.  Something that would be cooked right in front of the guests, something quick and easy, yet tasty and cost-effective.  My idea, Queso Flameado, translated flaming queso.  (Although, this isn't a completely "new" idea, it is new to my cafe.)  My chef cooked the dish right in front of our guests and filled soft flour tortillas with the ewey-gooey cheese mixture.  YUMMY!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 C meat (fajita chicken, beef, shrimp or chorizo)
  • 1/4 C veggies (grilled peppers, onions and mushrooms)
  • 1/2 C shredded asadero cheese (can substitute monterey jack)
  • 1 tbsp liquor (to create flame)
  • 2 flour tortillas
Method:
  • Saute meat and veggies in 6" saute pan
  • Add cheese, stir and let melt
  • Add liquor (we used brandy, but everclear works best)
  • Light liquor with candle lighter (flame should extinguish after 10-15 seconds)
  • Serve in flour tortillas with chips, salsa and guacamole

Finished Product:

Recipe can also be prepared in the oven if cooking for a large group of people.  Just layer meat, veggies and cheese, meat, veggies and cheese.  Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbly.  Once out of the oven, you can add liquor on top and light with a candle lighter for a little show!  Enjoy!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

YUM that sounds good! where do you work?

christina said...

jeez if I wasnt starving before I sure am now! :)

christina said...

PS I'm your 50th follower! Holla! ;)

Anonymous said...

YUMM YUMM HOLLAAAAAAA

furygirl3132 said...

That looks and sounds yummy, I would love to try that! I am a new follower from Friday Follow, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

I am Harriet said...

Hi there.
Stopping by from Friday-Follow to say hello.
Thanks for playing.
Have a great day!

http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/5-advertising-just-another-manic-friday-followers/

Stephanie said...

YUM!! Found you on New Friend Friday!

Mystee said...

I'm stopping by from New Friend Friday & am your newest follower.

If you have a chance, I'd love for you to stop by my blog, follow back and take a moment to enter any of the current 4 giveaways {low entries}.

Have a great weekend

http://amomentwithmystee.blogspot.com/2010/06/friday-friends.html

Heather said...

Looks delicious. I like any food with the word queso in it!