6.08.2010

In Full Swing

My mom was here visiting this weekend, so the party planning is in FULL SWING!  In 5 1/2 weeks we will be celebrating Jack's first birthday!  I can hardly believe it's been almost a year since he was born.  The time has gone so quickly!! 

Here's a quick preview of what we did last weekend. 
Click HERE to see the rest of our plans.

All of our shopping sacks!

Banner in progress...

Almost done, I just need to add the letters.
It will say "Happy Birthday Jack"

Displayware for food.  We plan to have chips, hamburgers, hot dogs and a banana split bar.  We'll have a fabulous birthday cake too!

I've ordered a super cute bib and birthday hat for my special little boy that will match our "Beach Monkey" theme perfectly.  I'm so excited about his party and I hope it's a blast, even though he will not really "remember" we'll have plenty of pictures to remind him how special his 1st Birthday truly was!!!

And now Jack and Grammy...
Apparently she has passed on her love for Diet DP to my son! Ha!!
(No he is not drinking soda, only playing with the bottle.)

Me, Mama and Jack - he loves this bottle and the keys!

Randy's mom came to visit this weekend too, but I don't have any pictures to post.  Jack had a great time with his GG and is so happy she was able to spend some time with him.  Jack is one lucky little boy to have two grandmas who love him so much!  And, Ran and I are so lucky to have wonderful mamas to help out every now and then!!!!  We love yall so much!

Oh, one more thing (mostly for my memory), Jack took his first steps yesterday!!!  He tried to walk from the couch to the love seat twice.  He wasn't holding on to anything and after a few steps kinda fell forward to grab on to the love seat, but he did take steps nonetheless.  I was so excited and scared!  I don't know if we're ready for a walker yet.  But he is getting so close.  He can walk really well just holding on with one hand.  And one more note, we had to "baby proof" the fire place.  Randy put plexiglass over it on Sunday because Jack had decided insulation, grit and grime tasted pretty good.  HA!

Not the most classy fireplace on the block, but it works and is much cheaper than a trip to the ER!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

Following from New friend friday!

http;//mommyhastowork.com

Ron Cooper said...

I’m following you now on New Friend Friday! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

My latest inspirational postings are, “Springtime Beauty,” “The Power,” “The Triumphant Heart,” “Pure Love,” “Peace of Mind,” and “Simple Gesture.”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

The Mommy said...

Such a cute blog and what an adorable baby boy:)
I'm your newest follower!
Hope you follow back:)

The Mommy said...

How exciting! Hope you guys have a great time:)

Carly said...

Hi,
Love your blog. I'm your newest follower. Found you on Picket Fence Blogs. Love the birthday banner you made. Very cute! I look forward to checking out more on your blog. When you get a chance check out my blog at www.WordyOwl.blogspot.com or follow me on Twitter @WordyOwl
Carly