6.30.2010

Teething is NOT Fun

Jack has been in teething mode the past few days, and it is NOT FUN!  I know most experts say teething causes only mild discomfort, and up to this point I agreed, but oh my goodness these teeth must be awful.  It all started Sunday when he was extremely fussy, running fever and wouldn't eat.  It could have been a cold or something, but he wasn't acting like he was "sick" but rather just uncomfortable.


I found this blanket when I was cleaning out a basket to put all my fabric scraps in and he LOVED it!  My friend Ashley gave it to me before he was born and honestly I'd forgotten about it.  It is such a soft, cuddly blanket and provided just the comfort he needed while he wasn't feeling well.  I'm kinda scared though because I carried a blanket for forever and wouldn't go anywhere without it!  HA!  I'm going to try to limit his blankie time to bed and naps only.  We'll see how that works out. 



This picture was taken Monday night.  I had a time getting Jack to bed.  He would just scream and cry every time I'd lay him down,  finally he just laid on the couch with Randy for a little bit to calm down.


As you can see, that didn't last very long!  Then it was time to try to put him back in his bed.  Everytime I'd lay him down, he just cried.  Finally Daddy's singing and whistling calmed him down enough to go to sleep.

Yesterday was much better and he only cried a little at bedtime.  He's still not eating much, but at least now he's eating some.  He even walked for us yesterday.  He took about 10 steps in a row and would walk from Randy to me and back.  He's doing really well, but he gets so excited and starts going fast, then falls.


Jack only got up once last night after I put him to bed and seems to be feeling much better this morning, so hopefully the worst of the teething is over.  

And a little sneak peek of my newest sewing project. 


I am a little A.D.D. when it come to projects and find it hard to finish one before I start another, but this one is close to being finished, so I can go back to the blue/green project. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is the LAST DAY  to enter my GIVEAWAY
Click HERE to enter!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Granite State Pet Sitting said...

Hello we are visiting from Welcome Wednesday.

Liz said...

I'm newest follower from the Wed. hop!

Liz
http://lizhasalife.com

HBrummett said...

he is precious! my 9 mth old is going through this too! no fun! Your blog is really cute! I love yoru header! I am a new follower. I hope you will come visit my blog www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com and check out the giveaways while you are there! I look forward to reading more from your blog. Have a great day! Heather