3.04.2011

Yay for FRIDAY!!!

I think I've said it a million times this week - but I have been BUSY!!!  Between real work, Jack and Etsy this has been one doozy of a week for me!  So, HELLO Friday!  I'm so happy you're here!!

Jack's class made cute little hats for their Dr Seuss parade on Wednesday and I forgot to grab his to take home until yesterday. He INSISTED on wearing the hat out of school and threw a fit when I had to take it off of him to get him in the car. As soon as he was all buckled up, he grabbed that hat and put it on again! He held it on his head most of the way home and would say "Uh Ohhhh" everytime it fell off. He's a character!!


Back in December we took Jack to the ENT to have his ears tested and make sure he was hearing ok since he'd had so many ear infections and wasn't talking too much.  Everything checked out fine, but I've still been a little worried about his speech development.  I talked to the Director of his school last week about maybe having a speech therapist work with him, but she recommended we wait until he is two, since he is saying a few words. 

Grammy & Jack - Longview Feb 2011

Well, this week Jack has come alive in the speech department!  He is by no means speaking in sentences, but he is saying a lot of new words and recognizing things without me having to say what it is first.  He now points to the giraffe at his school and says "giraffe" and he says "bug" when he sees something flying.  He's also saying "airplane," "juice," "gone gone," and I know there are many more new words I'm forgetting.  So let's just say, this new mama isn't quite so worried about him anymore!  I just have to remember that he will talk in his own time and not to compare him to other kids.


I forgot to thank Heather for the beautiful flowers she sent for my birthday last weekend!  Wish you could have been here to celebrate with me!  I can't believe we're in the Dirty Thirty club already!  It seems like just yesterday we turned 21!! 


And, today I'm LOVING this little lovey blankie I made last night for Baby Reid!  I love the bright colors of the guitars and the turqouise minky!  Have I mentioned I'm addicted to fabric??  HA!  I have a growing list of fabrics I want, but I have decided I'm no longer going to buy fabric unless I need it!  So anytime I get a request for a custom item I pick a variety of fabrics from both my collection at home and my little list of wants to send as possible options, just praying my clients will choose something I don't already have!  sneaky, sneaky!


The Sunfire Creative discount code for this month is:  MARCHSAVE10 which will save you 10% off your entire order! 

Yay for FRIDAY! 
Enjoy the beautiful weather and have a GREAT weekend!!



9 comments:

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

danggggggggggggggg that turned out awesome!!! excited now!

as for dr s hat! love it! great memory to keep

Stephanie said...

Those flowers are beautiful! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that minky blankie, omg too much cuteness!!! I am going to place an order with you the next time I have a prego friend!

Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

My daughter was speaking by 15 months....

My son hardly spoke until he turned two...then slowly he started talking more and more....he now talks better than most four year olds!

Don't compare your child to others, as they all grow in different ways.

I love the blanket, if my son was a year younger, I would snatch that up. Any chance you can ship one to Canada for a baby shower I have tomorrow at 2:00? I don't have a present yet. hahaha!!

I think the next time I need a baby gift...I am coming to your site!

Cheers!

Shannon said...

So cute! Love the hat, we made those too...so impressed that he was so eager to keep it on!

Have a great weekend, your blanket for R turned out wonderfully, then again what else should we expect from you!

Enjoy your weekend, the weather here is awful! :(

Tales from the Trails said...

Adorable blanket. So cute.

Jack may be saying Dr. Seuss rhymes before too much longer : )

Jennifer said...

OMG..Jack is too cute in his Seuss hat!! I can't believe he kept it on :) I am so glad you hear you are not worried anymore about Jack's speech. I think we all 'worry' that our kids might not be meeting their milestones. But, he is at an age now where he is just going to explode with words. Anthony will be 2 at the end of March and this month has been crazy....he is repeating eveything!! The funny part is, once they start talking....they are never going to stop!! Love the blanket you made for R....it turned out great. Love the fabric :)

Neely said...

Those flowers are amazing!

Heather Jones said...

HI!! I love your adorable blog!!! :) I'm a new follower from the weekend blog hop! :) I'd love for you to follow back.

I'm sure Jack's speech is fine, he'll catch up in no time, your etsy stuff is adorable too! Have a great weekend!

Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

KM said...

What an adorable blanket!