3.03.2011

My Birthday Weekend

This recap is a few days late, but o'well!  My parents came up on Friday, so the 5 of us headed to Four Winds Steakhouse for dinner. The restaurant is located in the ranch house of former Dallas Cowboy Lee Roy Jordan, and sits amongst 1,100 acres of old oaks and looks onto a small pond. It's beautiful out there and has me dreaming of my next 30 years being on a ranch! Ok, back to reality! HA!

Saturday, my mom and I went shopping while Ran and Jeff entertained Jack!  I'm sure Jack loved getting to hang out with the boys all day and it's good to know Daddy is perfectly capable of taking Jack out and about with him!  (not that I ever doubted he could handle it)  It really is getting easier as he's getting older and luckily, Jack is usually really good in public.  Very seldom does he cry or act crazy at a restaurant.  He loves people watching!  Saturday night, Mama and Jeff watched Jack so Ran and I went out and celebrate my birthday again!  We went to a little hibachi grill and it was SOOOO good!  I could eat hibachi and mexican everyday ha!  (Obviously, I haven't lost the 15 lbs I was hoping to by the time I turned 30 - o'well, at least I'm well fed and happy!)  The place we went doesn't take reservations and there was a long wait, so we had a good time sitting at the bar - we even took a birthday shot!  HA!  I hate that we didn't get any pictures from our night out - I even got a new outfit for the occasion!  :)  All in all, I had a wonderful birthday and I think the thirties and I will get along just fine! 



We didn't do much Sunday.  I sewed most of the day, Jack slept and Randy piddled around the house.  We grilled filet mignon for dinner and I made homemade scalloped potatoes (so good) and just hung out.  While Mama and I were shopping on Saturday we saw a pair of camo shorts for Jack and just had to get them so he can look just like his daddy!  They looked like two peas in a pod on Sunday!  Jack loves to help Ran get the grill ready.  He knows how to move the little thing back and forth to get out the ashes, then knows to brush out the grill, etc.  It's too funny!  He never ceases to amaze me with all the little things he picks up! 

cell phone pic

After cleaning the grill, the boys needed a little break!  Randy was just sitting in the chair watching TV and Jack climbed up right beside him and assumed the same position!  He is just.like.his.daddy!  And, I couldn't be a happier mama!  I'm so thankful Jack seems to have gotten Randy's silly, happy-go-lucky spirit, his mechanical inclinations and hopefully his figure-anything-out brain! 


I am SO GLAD tomorrow is FRIDAY!  This has been one BUSY week for me.  I can't wait to share with  you on Monday all of the new things I've made recently!  My favorite has to be the tag loveys!  So, so cute! 
Photobucket

6 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

What a great bday! I'm turning the big 3-0 in 2 weeks :( Hope someone takes me out to a fancy resturant, ha! Love the pic of Jack acting like his Daddy, too cute!!

Neely said...

Im so glad you had a great weekend! You deserve it!

Shannon said...

Oh gosh GG loves her Taggies! We recently had a major panic in our home when we thought we'd lost the original Taggie she's had since she was about a week old!

I really love that picture of Jack and Daddy with hands behind their head! So funny! Like father like son!

Glad you had a great weekend!

Megan Ashley said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the pic of the boys at the patio table, too cute!

Jennifer said...

What more could you ask for....time with your parents, time with the hubs alone and time with Jack :) You see, your 30's are going to be great :) Love the new 'lovies' in your shop :)

Ashley said...

I haven't been on here in forever, but I had to say how much I love the pic of Jack with his hands behind his head! Precious!