3.22.2011

Over the Hills and Through the Woods...

to Grandmother's house we go! 


Ok, so not exactly, but Jack and I did go to East Texas this past weekend.  My Memaw had surgery about a month ago, and was moved to a rehab hospital last week, so Jack and I went to see her.  Thankfully, Jack has become a pretty good traveler.  He still doesn't sleep much in the car, but at least now he doesn't scream bloody murder while on a road trip. 

Memaw and Jack

Memaw is recovering pretty well from her surgery and will hopefully go home Friday.  I know she's ready to get home and I know Grandad is ready to have her home. 

My mom, Jack and Grandad

We had a nice little visit and got to eat at my FAVORITE hamburger joint - Jucys.  It is SOOO good!  I was afraid the beans might be a little spicy for Jack, but he gobbled them right up!  That boy LOVES beans!

Trent, Aunt Sherry and Jack

We also got to see my little cousin, Trent, who was home from college on Spring Break and my Aunt Sherry.  Jack really liked Aunt Sherry and would hold her hand wherever we went.  He also liked giving goldfish to everyone in the room.  Sometimes he's so sweet!

He did not; however, want to pose for a picture with Mommy!

9 comments:

Tales from the Trails said...

Praying for a speedy recovery for Memaw.
Love the pic of you and Jack. Too funny. I am sure he loved all of the attention from family.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

lucky you for not having a screamer in the car. we have the portable dvd for lily which only entertains for 20 secs...then she tries to escape the clutches of her carseat...and yes..no shocker there she can get out

Christine Pettijohn said...

I just started following your blog. Just wanted to say praying for a fast recovery for MeMaw and cute family.

Neely said...

Oh looks so fun! Glad yall had a nice weekend :)

Shannon said...

Okay don't take this the wrong way, I promise I'm not some weirdo, but girl you have gorgeous teeth!

Jack is such a cutie on his way to gma's.

Now I have the song from your post title in my head...shesh!

nomo wino daph said...

BWAHAHAHAAA I AM DYING AT SHANNONS COMMENT cause as soon as I scrolled to that pic, I thought the same exact thing and was gonna tell ya!! funny

What sweet sweet images. Love the one with Memaw:)

Cool Gal said...

I am glad to hear Memaw is feeling better and is scheduled to go home. That is wonderful.

Your little guy is so darn cute. I love that he loved the spicy beans. Pretty adventurous for a toddler! :) (By the way, I have heard of Jucys and would LOVE to visit it one day.)

The last picture of you and Jack is precious. Shannon is right, your teeth are beautiful. Perfect.

Happy Tuesday.

Heather said...

Oh, I am glad you got to go see Meemaw and that she is doing better. I hope she gets to go home soon.

Your hair is soooo dark. I like it! It makes you look really tan. And Jack is getting BIG. I think we need to come down for a Jack/Heather birthday party. Do you think we can mix trucks, trains and pink things?

Jennifer said...

So glad ot hear that your Memaw (love that name...LOL) is doing great. You are blessed to have in your life and I am sure she gets such a kick out of Jack :) Have a great weekend Brandy!