2.03.2011

My Silly Boy and an Ice Storm

We had a NASTY ice storm come through Monday night, so we've spent the past few days cooped up at home in our jammies!  It was nice to have a few days off work, but I was ready to get out of the house.  Our high temp the past few days has been 25* and I think it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.  YUCK!  Poor Jack was standing at the backdoor last night saying "ide, ide" because he wanted to go outside so bad.  I finally let him go run around on the patio for a few minutes just to get a little fresh air.  I'm sure he was freezing since I didn't even put a jacket on him, but the cold didn't phase him.  He did not want to come back inside.  I guess there is some truth to having "cabin fever!" 


I think I may have mentioned before that Jack likes to climb in the refrigerator and point to what he wants.  He does this almost everytime I open the door now and he's always looking for the same thing... "gurt".  I swear he could live on yogurt and goldfish.


Won't be long till he'll be able to get the "gurt" out by himself.  I keep it up high because I really don't want him to grab it, drop it and then have a floor full of yogurt to clean up!  HA! 


A while back, Randy put Jack in the dump truck for fun and pushed him around the living room, but now Jack can climb in it by himself. 


Last night, he got himself in quite the predicament when he plopped his behind in the dump truck, but couldn't get out!  He was so funny sitting in there playing with the blocks, but even funnier when he realized he wasn't going to be able to get out by himself.


Being the good parents we are, of course we let him sit there for a little bit and try to figure out how to get out.  He was so close to getting out, but then he would get frustrated and sit back down.


I was laughing so hard while taking these pictures because he kept yelling "Mama! Mama! Mama!" over and over.  He's so silly!  Once I finally helped him out of the truck, the little stinker tried to get right back in! 

A totally random question:  Have any of you printed your blogs?  If so, who did you use?  I'm ready to print the first year and have found a few different places that print blogs, but am just wondering about the quality.  Thanks!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Shannon said...

Okay so laughing that Jack plopped down in his dump truck. GG does this with any basket or box, at home or out in stores! It's a hoot when they get stuck, sometimes I have a hard time helping because I'm laughing so hard!

Sorry about the ice, it's cold here but no wintery precip!

Stay warm and let's hope the groundhog is right, an early Spring!

SkinnyMeg said...

We have been dying of boredum here too!! That's so cute how he got stuck in the dump truck :)

Shannon said...

he is so cute! I would have done the same thing with my kids and the dump truck... I do feel bad though (sometimes) laughing as they struggle!

Traci said...

Such cute pictures! My nephew does the same thing with his dump truck. Last time I was there he INSISTED that I ride with him. I couldn't make him understand that there was no way that was going to work. He wasn't happy until I squated over it & acted like I was sitting. The things you do for them huh??

Stephanie said...

Aww, mean mommy and daddy for leaving his stuck like that : )
Why is it so fun to take pics of our kids when they are upset?! lol

Neely said...

LOL OH Jack!

Queen Bee said...

haha!! he and my jack would get along just great!! stay warm!!

Tales from the Trails said...

This cold weather stinks!! I am so ready for spring.

Poor Jack. He looks so cute stuck in this truck though, HA!!!

A friend of mine printed her blog. I will have to ask her who she used...I'll get back with you on it.

Kari said...

youre so funny snapping while your poor son is stuck and screaming...I've done the same thing and the hubby thinks I'm cruel, but these are the memories that will be great years from now. XOXO

kebowman said...

so cute!! My Brady has same animal pjs! He's actually wearing them right now!

Jennifer said...

I am so with you on being stuck in the house!! We hade the ice storm too and being couped up get really get to you :) Love how Jack got stcuk..I think all little one's get stuck in something :) I would have waited and watched too :)

Ashley R said...

He is so cute!! I've never heard of actually printing blogs but that is so awesome to know in the future!

I found you on the Hop Along Friday Blog Hop!! I follow you now on GFC and hope you will stop by my blog and do the same. :) I've got a few current giveaways and LOTS more to come too!

Thanks!!

Ashley
~The Reynolds Mom~
thereynoldsmom.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Gurt! Gurt! Soooo cute ;-) And OF COURSE only THE BEST mama's would laugh and take pictures for only a second before helping him out ;-) Thanks for the little laugh, he's so precious!!

KM said...

I have used Blog2Print - but used as in went and played on the site - not ordered anything yet. It looks really cool and I struggle with wanting a paper copy. I used a free service to download and print, but it was just a paper/printer thing - not really like a Photo Book. Keep us posted if you do print it!

Allyn Marie said...

Haha cute post! I love how he climbs for the 'gurt.' Him stuck in the dump truck is too cute! Sorry for the cabin fever, I hope we get some of your snow today :)

maddie said...

Aw, he's a cutie!
Following from the Friday Blog Hop!
http://mommyx3monsters.blogspot.com/

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Hi, I'm visiting from a blog hop! Your pictures are great. I'm now following, and would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! Have a great weekend!