2.21.2011

Boys will be Boys

Saturday, we traveled to East Texas to visit my grandparents and have the first of my 30th birthday celebrations with my family.

It was a PERFECT Saturday for playing outside and Jack LOVED playing in Memaw and Grandad's big backyard!  There's just so much for little boys to get into out there!


Papa Jeff helped him climb his first tree!  Jack thought he was hot stuff standing up in the big oak tree.  My Grandad planted these trees right around the time I was born, so they are as old as me!  I can remember my cousins and me playing in them when we were little.


Grandad hired some men to trim the trees last week, so there was plenty of saw dust on the ground for Jack to play in!


Jack and Papa had a ball getting dirty right before we were going out to lunch.


Of course, Mom of the Year over here, didn't think to bring an extra set of clothes on our roadtrip, so Ran and I had to make a quick run to Old Navy for some clean clothes for our little rascal!


Who knew playing in saw dust would be so fun!


Jack found all kinds of little treasures to carry around, but this little piece of wood was his favorite and proved to be very useful when splishing and splashing in the bird bath.


Luckily the bird bath had just been refilled, so the water was kinda clean! 


Boys will be Boys!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Pineapples and Pickles said...

Where in East Texas? I'm from East Texas...

Neely said...

He is for sure all boy!

Traci said...

Too cute! Looks like he had lots of fun!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

These pictures are adorable. He is such a cutie. I am new to your blog and so glad I found it!

Heather said...

I wish I was at Memaw's. Did she make fried chicken and tomato gravy? Yum.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

♥ boys!!!

when's ur bday???

Mommie Couture said...

He is so adorable!

Jenn
http://mommiecouture.blogspot.com/

Shannon said...

Oh gosh GG and Jack really would get along great, she'd climb a tree too if she could!

The weather has definitely been nice for some outside play!

Jack's a cutie, as always!

Tales from the Trails said...

Sure looks like a good time. It's amazing what boys can get into.

nomo wino daph said...

He is too cute!

Looks like he had a great time:)

Jennifer said...

Ok...happy 30th birthday!! When was it?? Hope you did some good celebrating...30 is a big one :) Love that Jack was so entertained with sawdust....why do we even waste money on the toys?? LOL! Listen not bringing clothes is not nearly as bad as a Lego in the ear :)

KM said...

Yes they will girl - and this is only the beginning!
Happy 30th! :)

Kari said...

boys are so goofy...his shoes are too cute!

Krista said...

It's such a joy to see things as little ones do :) Looks like everybody had a good time. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

just came across your blog :) its so cute! fabulous pictures!

Unknown said...

Cute! Lord knows I needed to see something like this to push away some of the clouds hanging over us today : (

Mrs. England said...

Boys will be boys indeed! Cute! Thanks for sharing!