2.15.2011

Home Tour Tuesday - Jack's Jungle

 
Welcome to Jack's Jungle!



My favorite part of Jack's room is the prints above his bed.  I saw them in the window of a little boutique in downtown Grapevine and just loved them.  At the time, I didn't know I was pregnant, but said if I ever had a little boy, I'd want those in his nursery... I found out I was pregnant the very next week!  The prints were one of the first things I purchased after finding out I was indeed having a little boy.  I still love them! 


Originally I was going to have Jack's bedding made, but could never decide on the fabrics I wanted.  My mom and I were out baby shopping one day and I came across this bedding called Animal Tracks by Cotton Tale.  It was just perfect!  My mom searched high and low for a red and white striped rug like in the picture and finally found one for me!  That rug adds such a pop to his room. 


I also love the red book shelves from Pottery Barn and the green walls.  We liked the color of Jack's walls so well, we even painted our master bath the same color!  HA!  My glider now sits in this corner and it's the perfect place for reading books and rocking Jack - too bad he doesn't really like to be rocked anymore!


Jack's dresser, which we use as a changing table.  This little set up has worked out well for us.  The basket holds all of our changing necessities - diapers, wipes, diaper rash creams, fingernail clippers and lotion.  We still use the changing pad, but I'm afraid Jack has almost outgrown it.  It is so much easier having him confined to the changing table when changing diapers or clothes because he can't run/crawl/squirm all over the place!  I dread the day he's really too big for it! 


My big boy eating an orange for the first time!  I'm not sure why it never crossed my mind to give him apples and oranges before (maybe because I don't like them?), but he LOVES them! 


Talking on the walkie-talkie in the golf cart!  He's so silly!  I wish I would have gotten a video of the whole walkie-talkie scene.  The golf cart was parked in the garage, so it would echo every time Jack talked into it.  The look on his face after he'd say something was hilarious! 
Photobucket

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww I love his room ~ the prints are fantastic! I have a safari baby room too...you can do so much with them. He's a doll :-)

We have about run our course on the changing table too...Not fun!

Unknown said...

Love the book shelves! We really need something like that to control all books Drake has. I think you are right, the greens in our boys rooms are almost the same. What a fun space for a little boy.

Neely said...

I love his room! How much are you loving our awesome Dallas weather!?!?!?

Randi said...

Oh my gosh - I love the green. Such a beautiful room for Jack. I love the animals and everything about it!!! Great job!

~Randi

Stephanie said...

Such a cute theme for a boys room! You did good momma!

The White House said...

How cute is this??!!! Love his jungle!

Krista said...

That is a great idea for a little boys room...and I LOVE all the vibrant color! Great job!

Traci said...

Jack's room is really cute! I don't like apples either & I might eat 1 orange a year!!!

Tales from the Trails said...

His room is so adorable. Love it and the colors.

Such a big boy eating the orange. Now mom, don't forget about those fruits and vegetables, HA!!! : )

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness, I love his room! When I read your blog title all I could think of was the Imagination Mover's Jungle Room song...haha!

Love love the color green! It's my favorite!

That bedding is adorable! Thanks for linking up today!

Hugs!

nomo wino daph said...

Thanks for playing along today girl.

I LOVE Jacks room. That color is my favorite..I am a green girl. I had 2rooms in my last house this color. I miss it so much. What an absolute precious room.

KM said...

Awesome room - and it matched your blog! These must be your "Team Jack" colors - perfect! :)

Jennifer said...

I, like everyone else, love the green color on the walls! It pops so well and makes it cozy. And the red book shelves are too cool. The art work is great...how funny that you found out you were preggers right after?? By the way, Anthony just tried an orange for the first time this week too :)

Kristy said...

Such a cute theme! And I think the green walls just make the room