2.11.2011

Valentine Treat Bags

A few days ago my mom emailed me a recipe for Valentine Chocolate Bark that she saw on Bake at 350.  If you've never visited Bridget's blog, you should definitely check her out!  She is one talented baker/cookie decorator.   Not only are her cookies ADORABLE, but they are DELICIOUS too!  She made the cutest cookies for my baby shower and precious cookies for my BFF when her husband returned from Afghanistan.  Thanks Bridget for sharing your love of baking and decorating with the rest of us!  Your tutorials make it so easy! 


On to my Valentine Treat Bags.  My original plan for Jack's Valentine's this year was homemade heart shaped sidewalk chalk, but work, Etsy, crazy weather and everyday life the past few weeks have left me with little time to actually make the chalk.  So, when that didn't happen, I was thinking about what I would do instead, that's when I received this great idea from my mom! 


Ingredients
3 cups white chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter
3 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups milk chocolate chips
Rainbow Sprinkles
Conversation Hearts


Melt white chocolate and butter in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted - about 90 seconds.
Combine white chocolate and Rice Krispies, press out on parchment paper until about 1/2 inch thick.
Melt milk chocolate in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted - about 60 seconds.
Pour over top of Rice Krispie mixture, spread to cover Rice Krispies.
Sprinkle with candy sprinkles and conversation hearts.
Once chocolate hardens cut out with heart shaped cookie cutter.


I then put one heart in a cellophane bag and stapled a treat bag tag on each bag which I ordered from The Pretty Paperie.  Click HERE for step by step pictures and directions for making the bark.


I think the bags turned out so cute and it was so easy to do.  It only took about 30 minutes to make the bark, then about an hour or so for the chocolate to harden and about 30 minutes to package.  Quick and easy is definitely my kind of project!  HA!  Click HERE for last year's Valentine's treat.


I even had a little extra time last night to make Jack a Valentine shirt to wear for his party at school today.  Unfortunately, he wasn't excited to pose for the camera this morning.  O'well!  He's still a cutie! 

Cupcakes I made for work. 
Toppers from The Pretty Paperie.

JACK UPDATE
He has officially entered the phase of taking off his socks and shoes as soon as he gets in the car!  This was on the way to school this morning.  I didn't even get out of our neighborhood before he had them off!  He is a BIG helper these days too!  At home, I take his shoes and socks off in the living room and now he picks them up and takes them to his room and puts them away.  Not always in the "right" place, but close enough!




And, in other Jack news - he has pooped on the potty TWICE this week!! WoooHOOOOO! I'm hoping we're about ready to start potty training! I think I may test the waters this weekend and see how it goes.
 Wish us luck! 


Photobucket
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

Krista said...

That valentine bark is GREAT! SO CUTE! Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on reaching the potty training stage :)

Jennifer said...

Wow...that bark is great!! Christopher is not allowed to bring in candy...so disappointing. I might try it anyway...hey, we could just eat it at home :) I love cupcakes you made yoo. And of course you couldn't resist a V-Day shirt...love it. Good luck with the whole potty training thing...it is not easy. And thanks for linking up...love the bare feet :)

The Regal Pup said...

Those cookies look delicious!

Bobby has a V-Day shirt very similar to Jack's! It'll probably be on my blog over the next few days.

Potty training? How old is he again? I can't wait to start, but I have a feeling it'll be awhile for us! :)

Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

Um..you just whipped up a Valentine's shirt...and it looked like that? AMAZING!!! I need to check out your Etsy store!!

Valentines Bark looks great.

Sorry to add this to th ecomment, but if he is pooping in the potty, he is ready. My son was no where near ready...and I went cold turkey with him once the weather was warm...he was trained in a week!!

Good luck

Cheers

Shannon said...

Everything looks great!

Gillian Grace does the same thing with her socks and shoes almost every time we're in the car! We arrive and I go to get her out and there she is sock and shoeless. Lately I've just started taking her shoes off for her so the don't end up all over the backseat!

Have a great weekend!

Tales from the Trails said...

Oh my those treats look so good. Send me some if you have any leftovers, HA!! Or maybe I'll have to try to make them myself. It's been awhile since I've baked. Cowboy would shocked, HA!!

YEAH Jack!!! Keep it up. Such a big boy.

KM said...

this looks easy - but I am scared of melting chocolate. I may try it though!

Mommie Couture said...

That bark looks delicious! YUM! I'm 37 weeks pregnant with our 1st little boy and I think I may need to make that treat for me... ;)

Jenn
http://mommiecouture.blogspot.com

Mrs. England said...

Mmmmmm! Great job! everything looks adorable.

:)

Tracey said...

What a cute treat idea! Always looking for new crafty and tasty ways to celebrate!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

bark looks awesome

love his val shirt

jealous about potty....lily stays dry for hrs and refuses all forms of potty training methods

Kari said...

You are so crafty! These are adorable.

Joni said...

these are so cute. great job!