10.05.2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears, OH MY!

Meet Jack:


This is my Grandad. (Who, by the way, Jack is named after.)  He is almost 84 years old and still going strong!  A few months ago, he told everyone he wanted to go to the zoo, so we planned the trip for the last weekend of September, gathered the troops and headed to the zoo!  It turned out to be a perfect day - cloudy with cooler temps and we made it through the zoo just before the rain came. 


This was Jack's first time to the zoo and I'm not sure he knew what to think of the petting zoo.  It took him a minute to warm up to the goats.


But once Papa introduced the two, it was all over for the little goats!

Look at that face!  So happy!


I got him!!


Bye bye, little goat!


After the petting zoo, we saw a few birds...


Took a few pictures...

Grammy, Jack and Papa

Memaw, me and Ran

Ran, me, Jack and Aunt Sherry

Saw a big tortoise...


and a cheetah...


and by the time we got to the end of the zoo, Jack was OUT!


We also saw some beautiful giraffes, elephants, lions and tigers, but this zoo lacks funding, so there were no bears or monkeys, OH MY, but nevertheless, Big Jack and Little Jack had fun seeing all of the animals, and so did I!

Photobucket
PS - Sorry I have been MIA from bloggyland lately, I've been super busy working on my Etsy shop and let me just tell you, I have the BEST baby daddy in the whole.wide.world!  He's been playing daddy daycare on Sundays to allow me a little extra time to get orders made and he bought some shelves for my sewing room to help me get organized and he even folded and put away my fabrics last night.  How did I get so lucky?!  I love you Ran-Ran!  I'll post pictures of my new sewing room soon!

1 comment:

Tales from the Trails said...

Love the zoo pics. Looks so fun.

Can't wait to see what you've created : )