10.18.2010

A Quick Weekend Recap

We didn't do much this weekend.  Which is exactly how I like it most of the time!  Friday night I took a break from sewing and just hung out with Jack and Randy.  It was so nice to relax for a little bit.  I have been working non-stop it seems to get all of my orders fulfilled.  Which is a good thing, but every now and then a girl needs a BREAK!  HA!  Back to Friday night - Randy grilled burgers and we watched the Rangers play an awesome game until the 8th inning when something went terribly wrong and they let the Yankees come back and beat them!  Ughhh!

Saturday I sewed, sewed and sewed some more!  I was excited to have a custom order to complete for a friend which broke up the monotony of pumpkin trucks and turkeys!  The trucks and turkeys were fun to make, until I've made 10 + of each of them.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just needed to change it up a little!



I think the shirts turned out really cute!  I love the ric rac along the bottom and the bow at the shoulder.  It was my first attempt at making hair bow style bows and it was much easier than I thought it would be.  I watched a few YouTube videos and I was on my way!  Isn't YouTube awesome?! 

Saturday afternoon we ordered Chinese and watched the Rangers redeem themselves, then I sewed some more!  HA!

Sunday was not a good day!  Poor Jack was not feeling well at all.  He didn't want to be held, he didn't want to play, he didn't want to sleep.  It was miserable.  Ran and I changed so many diapers yesterday I lost count and we bathed Jack 3 times.  It was THAT.BAD!  I took him outside and we just sat there watching TV for a while and he finally took a nap around 3:00 or so.  He was so tired and his little hiney so red.

Our friends came over to watch the Cowboy game and we grilled fajitas.  The guys found a few of Jack's hats laying in the hallway and decided they would model them:


Some day I will have to do a post of all the pictures I have of Randy wearing Jack's hats or just things on his head in general.  I'm sure there are no less than 20 pictures floating around on my computer and camera.  He's so silly!  But there is never a dull moment and he's constantly doing something to make me laugh!


Look at that poor baby!  He was not feeling well at all.  But he's never too sick to get a little lovin' from Aunt Kim.  He's figured out the game pretty well too.  He knows that when I'm coming to get him to take him to bed if he snuggles up to whoever is holding him he doesn't have to go right away.  He's such a sweet baby!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Janet said...

Those shirts are absolutely adorable! Very cute!

Tales from the Trails said...

Love the new shirts. Too cute.

Hope Jack feels better soon. Poor baby.

AllieMakes! said...

They turned out SO cute! Excellent job!
You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie Party!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com