9.09.2010

Just for my memory

Because even though this blog is a little bit about everything, I really blog just so I can remember what all happens in our day-to-day life, because goodness knows I CANNOT ever remember ANYTHING! HA!

After 36+ hours of continuous rain, we heard the tornado sirens go off, so Randy turned on the news only to see there was a tornado forming extremely close to our house.  Randy grabbed some blankets and his laptop, I got Jack and a few snacks and books, and we headed to our "safe" place - the closet underneath our stairs.  We stayed in the closet for about 30-45 minutes and waited for the storm to pass.  Luckily the tornado headed away from us and quickly fell apart, but not before hitting our friend's shop.  Everyone there was ok, and the damage was minimal.  Thank goodness!  This was my first time to ever "take cover" and it was kinda scary!  Jack did really well considering he is one and it is extremely difficult to get him to sit still for any length of time, but he had his blankie, a book and some snacks, so he was good to go!  Of course, I forgot to grab my camera and take a picture of us crammed in the closet, but o'well.

We're off to the beach this afternoon and praying for good weather!

Have a great weekend!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, so scary! Glad you're all safe and well!

Stephanie said...

Hi, thanks for commenting on my blog, yes, WRECK EM TECH! Whoo Hoo!!!
Your stuff is so cute, I will have to keep you in mind when I have friends that are prego :)
Glad your family was safe during the tornados!

Michelle said...

Hi! New to your blog and gracious y'all had an adventure!!! So glad your friends are safe.

~Dawn~ said...

I have a blog award for you to pick up at Mom-a-Logues.

Dawn