9.23.2010

Cupcakes in a Jar

I have been seeing "Cupcakes in a Jar" all over bloggy-land and decided it was time for me to jump on the bandwagon and make some myself! 


They were really easy to make.  I don't have pictures of the steps, but here's the quick version of what I did:

Ingredients:
1 - box cake, any flavor
1 - store bought icing
walnuts
sprinkles
12 - 8oz jelly jars
fabric
ribbon

Bake cupcakes according to package directions and let cool.
Layer sprinkles, nuts, cupcake, sprinkles, nuts, icing, cupcake and icing.
Put flat lid on jar, cover with fabric, screw on lid, tie with ribbon.

It's that easy!


I just threw this one together to get a quick picture, but when I make the remaining jars, I will cut the fabric in an 8" diameter circle so it will lay prettier and tie with raffia instead of ribbon.  The possibilities for making these are endless though!  You can use any flavor cakes, toppings, candies, icings that you like! I made 6 chocolate cupcake jars and 6 carrot cake jars.  Yummy!  My parents are coming tonight, so I can't wait to have these for dessert!

(Picture taken with my phone.)

I'm pretty sure Jack is excited to have a cupcake jar for dessert, too!

What have you made this week?
Photobucket

7 comments:

Hanna said...

Hi there! I'm your newest follower from the Thursday blog hop. Lovely BLog!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

Levans09 said...

I made my first baby food for Zoey! Carrots! Next week I am making pumpkin loaf. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Tales from the Trails said...

What a great Christmas gift idea. I'll have to try it.

Jami said...

Another super cute idea! Would love for you to stop by and share it at the Pretty Packages Party!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2010/10/pretty-packages-party-3.html
smiles!!

Jami said...

So glad you stopped by and linked up this cute food gift! They are so versatile!
smiles!

Susie Buetow said...

You have it all! Cute baby and awesome gift idea! haha thanks for stopping in at my blog today and linking this up in my Christmas Goodie link up! Stop in and link up more as you get them!!

susie

Jessica said...

Hi! I am a new follower found you through a friends blog!! These look amazing and my sons first birthday party is next weekend and I think I am going to be making these for favors!!!
Feel free to visit my blog
scibettaswampstories.blogspot.com