5.18.2010

It Could be a lot Worse

We had a great weekend with Heather, Lily and Baby Chase.  We didn't do a whole lot, because let's face it, getting out of the house with three babies is not easy!  We did do a little shopping and ate at Outback and Chilis.  Jack loved the burger bites and black beans at Chilis and tried ate his first steak at Outback, but I think he was full from all the bread he ate before the steak came!  I don't know where he put it all, but he ate the bread faster than I could break it up for him! HA! 

Baby Chase is just precious!  I wish I could remember when Jack was that small, I tried all weekend to remember what his cry sounded like as a newborn, but for the life of me, I can't.  It is so crazy how fast time goes and how fast kids grow up!  Lily is such a good big sister.  She ran to Chase everytime he would cry and give him his paci.  I know Heather has her hands full with two little ones and her husband away training for deployment, but I admire her strength and am glad we were able to visit and help out a little.  I don't know how much help I was since I had a little one of my own to corral, but it was still good to see them.  I wish they didn't live so far away.  Hopefully we'll get to see them when they come to Texas this summer.

Jack did pretty good on the plane - just a little rambunctious.  It's hard to keep a 9 month old sitting still on your lap for 2 hours!  Thank goodness the men sitting next to us were understanding!  When we got back to Dallas yesterday afternoon, I was putting all of our stuff in the car and sat the diaper bag down while I put Jack in the car and forgot to pick it up.  I didn't realize I left it until we were almost home and by the time I got back to the airport, it was gone.  I was so upset because my wallet and camera were in the bag.  I checked all around the airport and it was nowhere to be found. 

Well, when I got to work this morning, there was a message from my insurance agent telling me that someone had my bag.  I called the number he left and a sweet old man was holding my bag for me at the parking garage of the airport.  I was SO relieved!  I ran right over to pick it up (the airport is right around the corner from where I work) and to my surprise all of my credit cards and gift cards were still in my wallet.  But, my cash and camera were gone.  Most likely someone took what they wanted from my bag and turned in the rest.  Guess they were not in need of goldfish, diapers, and bottles!  I'm thankful to get Jack's things back, but sick that I lost my camera because those pictures can never be replaced. There were some really cute pictures from the weekend and a few pics from last week for my Project 365.  Oh well, it could be a lot worse, at least none of my credit cards were used and I did manage to get home with my cell phone!
Photobucket

No comments: