4.22.2011

Quick Update

Jack and I went to Houston last weekend to meet Baby Brady and celebrate my step-dad's birthday.


We ate lots of yummy crab legs, shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes!  So good!  Baby Brady was too sweet.  I can't remember Jack ever being that small, and actually even smaller than Brady.  I was hoping someone would email me more pics from the weekend since I didn't take any, but no such luck!  Jack couldn't care less about the baby he just went about playing and paid no attention to me holding Brady.  Jack would go look at him every once in a while when Brady was sleeping in the pack-n-play.  I can only imagine the trouble those two will get into when they get a little older!  HA!


We're still spending LOTS of time outside and thank goodness because Jack loves to throw is food everywhere when he's sitting in the highchair.  He does much better eating outside and doesn't make nearly the mess.  The Easter bunny came a little early with a new coloring book and crayons, so he's been coloring almost everyday!  And his latest obsession is ICE.  He will stand in front of the fridge screaming until we get him some ice.  Maybe it feels good on his gums?  We're still waiting on a few more eye teeth to come through.


Jack had an Easter Egg hunt at school yesterday.  He came home with too much candy and a lot of eggs! 


He's a smart little guy, after opening eggs at my parents' house last weekend, he knows that all the good stuff is inside!


I can't believe how big he looks in these pictures.  He looked so cute in his Easter shirt yesterday morning, but by the time he made it home from school and played in the mud yesterday evening, he was a MESS!


Today was pajama day at school, so Jack got to be comfy in his PJs.  I ordered him the cutest pair of New Balance tennis shoes and was disappointed yesterday when I tried them on him and they were too small.  I ordered a 7, so apparently NB runs really small.  They would have looked so cute with his jammies!

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Easter Weekend!

Praise the Lord!
He Has Risen!

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Jack looks so big in these pictures! i hope you guys have a WONDERFUL easter!

Auntie D said...

Jack is so cute!! :) Enjoy your Easter! LOVE the seafood picture...oh how I wish I could have some! ha!

Jennifer said...

Hey Brandy...glad to hear your had a great time on your visit. By the looks of the food....how could you not...LOL! I am loving Jack and the expressions on his face as he looks at the eggs. Our little buggers are too smart...of course he figured out there were goodies inside! Oh..and love his shirt and personalized basket! Enjoy your Easter with your family :)

Neely said...

He looks so proud!

Shannon said...

Happy Easter weekend, B! Jack does look sooo grown up in these photos! Love the Easter basket and shirt that you made for him.

Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail...

Enjoy your weekend!

XO

KM said...

Love lo country boil! I have the same basket liner in b's basket :). New Balance for little boys run very small - I've had to learn that, too!
Happy Easter!!

Krista said...

That food looks crazy good! My stomach is jealous :)

Glad you had such a nice time with your family. Happy Easter!!!

Holly said...

Aww, Jack has gotten HUGE! He is so adorable in his jammas though...nice and comfy! :o)

Simplyheather said...

He's so cute! Glad yall had a good Easter

http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

Kristy said...

Hey girlie! I just stumbled across your blog and am SO excited to meet another blogger from East Texas! I'm from Tatum, went to Kilgore Jr. College, and then SFASU. Come by and visit when you get a chance! http://itsanadorablelife.blogspot.com
xoxo,
Kristy