4.05.2011

Growing Too FAST!

Jack is growing way too fast!  I think my mom got him this little stool for his birthday last summer and I remember thinking "it'll be forever before he can use that" but low and behold the time has come! 


Jack can now climb up on the stool to brush his teeth and wash his hands.  When Ran took him to wash his hands the other night, I was surprised the stool made him tall enough to reach the sink.  I guess in my mind, no matter how big he gets, he'll always be my baby!


He is actually pretty good at brushing his teeth.  I let him play with the toothbrush for a little bit before I get in there to brush his teeth good, but I think he gives them a pretty good scrubbing.


Of course, playing in the water is his FAVORITE part of the whole thing!  Well, maybe that and putting the lid on the toothpaste.  HA!


My friend, Laurie, came over Sunday afternoon to pick up the birthday outfit I made for her little girl, Zoey, and Jack was so funny.  He stood there with his thumb in his mouth and just looked at her for the longest time.  He finally warmed up to Miss Zoey a little and would give her a little smile.  Those two are too cute!

Zoey's Birthday Outfit

Thank you Laura for the awesome tutu tutorial!  I love the way it turned out!  I'm hoping to get a few good pictures of Zoey in her outfit at her party this weekend.  Wish me luck!  Taking pictures of a moving toddler is HARD!  HA!

HAPPY TUESDAY!

13 comments:

Krista said...

The birthday outfit is adorable! I am a sucker for things on the butt and that Z and bows are too cute!

Jack's looking like quite the little man:)

Cool Gal said...

Yes, they do grow-up so fast. :(

The outfit you made is adorable. You are so talented.

I hope you're having a great Tuesday.

Shannon said...

I need to get tips on how to get your little to brush their teeth! GG used to love it now she's going through a phase where she doesn't like it much and it's a bit of a struggle to get her to brush.

Maybe her own special step stool would help?

Any thoughts?

Great job on your tutu, but then again so not surprised! Will you be adding them to your shop? ( I was thinking an Elmo shirt and red and orange tutu for her b'day? Whatcha think?)

XO

Shannon said...

All of that and forgot to say how cute Jack is (and so grown up!).

Is it time for another...just had to ask. That seems to be the most popular ?s these days!

Anonymous said...

Love this tutu set!! So cute!

Jennifer said...

Ha, ha....love how Shannon slipped in 'is it time for another?'...LOL! Maybe it is :) Jack it too cute on his stool. Boy my boys love the stool, brushing and washing up, not so much..LOL! And that tutu outfit is adorable!!! Love, love, love it!

Holly said...

He is so cute and I LOVE the outfit! :)

Tracey said...

It happens WAY too fast! But good for Jack for being such a big boy. :) And adorable outfit! Great job!

Mommie Couture said...

I have to admit I teared up reading this post! I can't imagine my little man brushing his teeth! (Ok, I can't imagine my little man HAVING teeth!) Your little boy is so gorgeous though and it must be so exciting watching him become a little person more and more every day. He's perfect! :)

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

turned out awesome....the outfit!

as for the stool.....i've got one for lily, but she gets it and plays 'wadie' ....which makes a huge mess. ugh! i swear that child.

jack looks like such a girl man! precious!

KM said...

So cute!! Hope he will always love to brush, my oldest does, but the younger one...not.so.much. :((

Mrs. England said...

Awe, they do grow fast... Too fast! Sweet outfit for that sweet girl! Great job!

Emily said...

adorable:) I love your precious little outfits! How stinking cute:) I think my cate needs a little stool!! What a great idea!