9.27.2011

Jack Funnies

Two is a HARD, but very funny age!  For example...


The other morning I was getting ready and Jack was in the bathroom with me.  He was playing in one of the drawers and came across the dental floss.  I tried to take it away, but quickly realized that taking it away was going to lead to a full-blown tantrum, so I gave him a piece of the dental floss and he proceeded to floss his teeth and put the used floss in the toilet. 


Then, I was in my sewing room filling some orders on Saturday and I knew Jack was in there playing, but he was being awfully quite (usually he's being a crazy toddler and throwing all of my fabric off the shelves), so I turned around to see what he was up to...


YES!  Silly boy found a snowman filled with candy that I can only hope was from this past Christmas and started chowing down on it!  The look on his face when I caught him was priceless!


I guess I probably should have taken the candy away, but he was being so quiet, that I just let him finish enjoying it! 


Saturday evening our friends' daughter was going to her first homecoming dance.  We were at their house before she left getting everything ready to go to the track and Jack was so funny!  He was outside helping the guys and watching their every move!


Before we left we wanted to get a few pictures of the pretty girl with her dad and Pawpaw and Jack stood there for a little bit watching as we took pictures, then all of the sudden he just walked up and got in the picture like he should have been in every one.  It was hilarious! 


And, just in case you haven't seen this recipe floating around on Pinterest, I'm posting it here because it is sooo good!  And, you really should try it!

Southwestern Egg Rolls**

Ingredients
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
12oz bag frozen corn, thawed
2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
chopped jalapenos, to taste
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
salt & pepper
cumin
cayenne pepper
chili powder
garlic
egg roll wrappers
oil for frying

Method
1.  combine all ingredients (sorry, I don't measure spices, I just taste along the way), except egg roll wrappers and oil.  Mix well.
2.  Position egg roll wrapper so that one corner is toward you.  Put 1/4 cup mixture in center of egg roll wrapper, roll up half way starting at the corner closest to you, then fold corners pointing out over and continue rolling.  Wet last corner with a little water to seal. 
3.  Fry egg rolls in skillet until brown and crispy on all sides - about 2 minutes per side.

 I served these with Avocado Ranch and they were SOO good!  To make the ranch, I followed the directions on the Hidden Valley Ranch packet and added a whole avocado and cayenne and blended with an immersion blender.

**Recipe adapted from Annie's Eats.


6 comments:

Traci said...

Such cute pics!! That recipe sounds really good except for those pesky black beans. I promise I've tried them & I just don't like them! Why do they have to be in everything? I guess I could leave them out of this recipe though.

Jennifer said...

I love it...a little boy hiding eating candy is great...lol! This is a fun age. The things that they do and say are always quite entertaining!!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

lol@ the whole candy snowman thing...haha that is so something lily would do

as for the girl all dressed up...i'm not ready for my girls to get grown up looking

Ashley said...

Cute, cute! And those eggrolls look yummy too, maybe I should come visit you! ;)

Adrienne said...

He is such a cutie.

Megan C. said...

Hi there! I'm a new follower, and I just love your blog! Your little boy is too cute, and I am totally jealous of your sewing room!