9.09.2011

Home Make-Over - Before & After

We started our little home improvement project at the beginning of July and FINALLY everything was finished last week.  It was a long process and for the 3rd summer in a row we have had home improvement projectss going on during the HOTTEST part of the year, but alas, we survived!  Granted there are still little things to be done here and there, but for the most part we are done... for now.

Entry Before


Entry After
This is one of those areas where work still needs to be done.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with our old living room tables, so here they sit in our formal living/computer room.

Sewing Room Before

Sewing Room After

Randy built a wall for me and installed French doors, so I now have a space all my own!

He also painted the shelves and tables for me.  I still have quite a bit of organizing to do in here, but it's getting close.  I ordered a ribbon rack from Rylie's Crafts which I know will be the answer to all my ribbon mess!

Living Room/Kitchen Before

Living Room After
I forgot to take a picture of the kitchen, but basically it just got new tile, removed the curtains, textured and painted the wall to match the rest of the house.  Hoping for new countertops and cabinets in the near future. (fingers crossed)

Guest Room Before
Our bonus room upstairs is now our guest room.

Jack's Big Boy Room Now
At the beginning of May Jack learned to climb out of his baby bed, so we did what any concerned parents would do and made the baby bed into a toddler bed.  Well let me just tell you that I have a toddler who HATED the toddler bed and refused to sleep in it.  He would look and point at the bed and say "dada broke" because he thought Daddy had broken the bed.  Despite my efforts to get him to sleep in the toddler bed (think Elmo bedding, bedtime books, sitting next to the bed, etc) he would not sleep in the toddler bed, and has since been sleeping on the couch.  I'm happy to report he is sleeping in his new big boy bed, but it is still a fight.

Nursery Before

Jack's Playroom After
I love the pictures that were above Jack's baby bed too much to take them down, so for now I'm going to leave them.  Although I love his new big boy room and his playroom, I'm really sad we no longer have a nursery in our house.  It was always my favorite room!  But... I am loving that there are very few toys in my living room now! HA!

I hope you enjoyed the quick tour of our home!  I've made some changes in our master bed and bath, but it's not quite finished yet.  I'll post pics as soon as I'm done!

Happy Friday!  

10 comments:

Marjorie said...

your house looks beautiful!

Traci said...

What a great transformation! Y'all were really busy!

builder london said...

what a style you've worked with in your house. Decorative equipments are nice and used in an artful manner.

SkinnyMeg said...

Looks gorgeous, your sewing room is just fab!

Shannon said...

Wow, y'all have been busy! I feel your pain with all the renos...we moved into a new house just about a month ago after selling our home and wow, there's so much to do to make it our own! It'll be a while and like you, I'll be so thankful when we're not living in a construction zone!

Everything looks great, B! XO

Stephanie said...

Love all the changes to the house. It looks so good!!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

dang girl been busy! and looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! ready to do mine? haha

love jack's room! and btw...LOVE UR SHELF COLORS IN THE SEWING ROOM!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow...everything looks amazing!! You have been busy...lol. I love Jack's new big boy room and the playroom. It is great he has space all of his own. But I am really jealous of your new sewing area...at least you can shut the door and have your own time :)

K said...

very nice.. Just stopping in to say hi

Tales from the Trails said...

Love, Love, Love the "new" home. I need a sewing area like that. Hmmm, wonder how I can convinc the hubby : )
Tear, on the big boy room. He is getting big too fast.